The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, January 1, 2010

Why I Suck (1-4 Night and Missed Bowl Picks)

First off, I would like to wish every reader a Happy New Year and I hope it was a drunken good time for everyone.  I personally had the hangover I hoped for and now I feel good enough to drink again, great success.  Anyways I know I missed the picks for today but I wrote it down on a sheet of paper who I would take in case this happened.

My picks would have been: Northwestern, Penn State, Florida State (Only because it would be a cool thing for Bobby Bowden to end on such a great note but I felt that WVA would be the better team), Oregon.  After the abysmal day yesterday I stood at 10-10.  After what has happened today, 12-11.  I will give you my Florida pick then the games on the 2nd.

SUGAR BOWL:  I haven't check yet but has FOX taken away the game?  If so, I will be at a bar watching some of this game because I want to see Tim Tebow last game as a college athlete but I feel he will get the "Brett Favre treatment" where they will gush over Tebow the whole night. Cincinnati wants to prove that Brian Kelly didn't have much to do with their success and want to prove something. I think the Bearcasts defense is way too soft for them to even stay close.  FLA 42-24

INTERNATIONAL BOWL: South Florida vs. Northern Illinois- Do we really need a bowl in Toronto? Anyways, the Big East has dominated the MAC in this game every year so far. The Bulls have lost their last five of seven and had some problems with Jim Levitt.  The Huskies are a favorite of my friend Fant therefore I will take them so at least one of his Illinois team can be successful. NIU 27-20 

PAPAJOHNS.COM BOWL: South Carolina vs. Connecticut- This is a random bowl in a random location in Alabama, and why does Papa Johns have two bowls? Anyways, the Gamecocks have been awesome on the defensive end all year and came very close to knocking off Florida.  They need less mistakes out of Stephen Garcia, their quarterback. UConn is riding a three-game winning streak and lost many close games. Andre Dixon for the Huskies will be a sleeper in the draft next year, very good running back.  UCONN 24-13 

COTTON BOWL: 19. Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss- I hate that the Cotton Bowl had to be moved to Jerry's World because its a staple like the Rose Bowl. I would be like if Los Angeles gets a new football stadium (many rumors) then moves the Rose Bowl. I think this will be a good game, both teams spent time in the Top 5 and Jevan Sneed's hype was a bit too high although finds ways to win.  The Cowboys haven't been the absolute same since Dez Bryant.  Close game, Rebs win it.  OLE MISS 35-31

LIBERTY BOWL: Arkansas vs. East Carolina- Can this be renamed the Lou Holtz Bowl? As most would know, Lou doesn't hide his bias cheering for his son and Notre Dame/Arkansas a lot. Who does he cheer for? Probably his son but on to the game, Ryan Mallet, quarterback for the Hogs has a chance to show off to the NFL scouts and could easily have a big game in this one.  The Pirates won the C-USA and can knock off the big boys as shown before. I think the C-USA stands up in this one and upset the Razorbacks.  ECU 23-20 

ALAMO BOWL: Michigan State vs. Texas Tech- Both teams had a shitload of problems after the season was over. The Spartans had nine players suspended after they beat up people at the dorms and we all know about the Red Raiders issues. I think Texas Tech will rise up because I think losing a coach is easier than playing without a couple key players.  TTU 42-31 

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch South Florida Bulls, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/South_Florida_Bulls-tickets looking forward to it.