The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Double D Returns to Milwaukee

Just so Mitch doesn't get excited, I am not talking about a return visit from a big-boobed stripper at Silk Erotica.  I am talking about Doug Davis, who I am not sure how I feel about him and his sweet soul patch. I hope he kept that though because if he sucks, at least he has a soul patch. 

I am disappointed somewhat because I would rather have seen Jon Garland who really hasn't pitched much in the NL or Joel Pinero (just signed with Los Angeles Angles) in my opinion, one of the more underrated pitchers in the National League because he plays on a stacked Cardinal team. I feel like the Brewers just settled on a guy like Davis and didn't make a good enough push to convince Garland into coming to the Brew City.

I am not personally too excited about the signing for one big thing... walks.  Since 2005, double D has been either first or second in the league in walks.  I hate walks more than a grenade showing up a host party I am hosting. I can deal with Gallardo's inconsistency to find the strike zone because he is a younger pitcher and still figuring out some things out.  The same goes for Manny Parra, but these older guys who do not have control, there is no excuse for that sort of thing.   I do like that Davis is an innings-eater and is mostly injury-free.  The Crew really doesn't have a guy who can go six or seven innings resting our bullpen and that was the dealth knelt of our team last season.

If I were Ken Macha, this would be how my rotation would look like this...
SP Yovani Gallardo
SP Randy Wolf
SP Manny Parra
SP Jeff Suppan
SP Doug Davis 

You mix the older more experienced pitchers with the younger guys and a combination of lefty-rightys that could create problems for batters. Granted, some might argue going back-to-back with Parra/Suppan may spell disaster for us when the Crew go 2-3-4, or 3-4-5 but mark my words, Parra will have a breakout year for the Brewers, the first prediction of the year.

-Charlie.

No comments: