The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wildcard Picks

I know you have been waiting for this and also wondering why I didn't get the college basketball picks in time (big time sports day yesterday).  I will be doing the picks of the games today and tomorrow, if you forgot last year I went a straight 1-3 to start of the year.  So here is hoping that things will be better. 

5. NY Jets at 4. Cincinnati Bengals- I think the Jets are coming into this game way too overconfident with Rex Ryan blabbering about how they are "the best team" and "should be favored."  Somebody tell Rex that he has a rookie quarterback who has been know to be unstable in games. I understand why people like the Jets with Darrelle Revis and their rushing attack. I think this is a close game and because of the experience of Carson Palmer will be the difference today. CIN 23-17

6. Philadelphia at 3. Dallas- My dad always told me "Charlie it's tough to beat a team three times." I always remember that when I am watching games or picking games. I really like what the Cowboys are doing in the last couple days and seem to be that team thats getting hot at the right time.  Tony Romo has to prove himself in the playoffs now, he did in December but still is unproven in the playoffs. Philadelphia beat teams they were supposed to but played poorly against playoff teams, not a good sign. I think they have the game plan for DeSean Jackson who is their home run hitter on offense. DAL 24-13

6. Baltimore at 3. New England- I don't know what it is about the Ravens but I hate watching them. A lot like Sanchez, I do not trust in Joe Flacco and if the Ravens fall behind early, they have to rely on Flacco. The Patriots although are a completely different team without Wes Welker who is the number one security blanket in the NFL and you have to expect a lot of double teams on Randy Moss. I think their defense will prevail in this game and trust me, this one will be an ugly one.  NE 17-9 

5. Green Bay at 4. Arizona- The Packers head into a familiar place in the Desert where they have played well in the first two games and Aaron Rodgers seemed very comfortable as well.  Basically the same stuff we have been saying about the Packers, need to keep Rodgers protected, get pressure on Kurt Warner, and good secondary play. I think they can do all three and Clay Matthews will be the player of this game, watch out for him.  Plus the NFL Network is reporting that Anquan Boldin is out for the game, which is a huge injury. I think the Pack show their teeth in this one.  GB 31-20 

-Charlie.

No comments: