The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekly College BBall Picks

Before we get started, Marquette is adding another player to their roster on Wednesday because somehow someway Junior Cadougan, a freshman who tore his Achilles tendon in practice earlier on this year is going to suit up against DePaul.  My editor plus my MU buddy Mach tells me he will only play if it's a blowout but still a nice addition.

Monday
5. Syracuse at Notre Dame- A tough back-to-back road games for the Orange in three days and they just barely survived against the Mountaineers.  The Fightin' Irish are rather unproven and hasn't beat a big team yet this year.  I wonder how Shrek will do facing that 2-3 zone because he isn't allowed to post up as much and I think the Orange will be too athletic.  CUSE 75-65

1. Texas at 9. Kansas State- Big Top 10 battle with one team we expected but not the Wildcats, I am more surprised with the job that Frank Martin has done and I think in Manhattan they have a chance to beat Texas who had to hold on against the Aggies at home.  I think they have enough to pull off the upset, very close game.  KSU 82-80 

Tuesday
15. Purdue at Illinois- The Boilermakers are in a free-fall right now losing three straight and now they face an Illini team who coming off the heels of  a defeat at Michigan State.  I think this is a must-win for Purdue and their experience will propel them in a victory here.  PURDUE 64-52 

16. Clemson at 18. Georgia Tech- Big ACC matchup with a Yellow Jacket team who really impressed me by beating the Tar Heels on the road. They are a very young team who if they can play that way on the road become very dangerous.  Clemson never plays well away from Littlejohn Stadium, I like the Jackets favorably in this one.  GT 85-72 

Wednesday
Baylor at 3. Kansas- The Jayhawks didn't have any trouble against Texas Tech last week and Baylor is a talented team that can keep up with Kansas' speed.  But I think we are starting to learn about the Jayhawks is they have many guys who can score, they win.  KU 89-73 

14. Georgetown at 11. Pittsburgh- Other than Kansas State, Pittsburgh has been the most impressive team to date because they lost everything and people thought they would be a middle of the road Big East team now they are in the Top 15.  Georgetown is good but I think they will not handle the pressure of the Oakland Zoo very well, very tough game.  PITT 67-62

Wake Forest at 23. North Carolina- I knew that Carolina was young but I didn't think it would translate into them looking like they are half-asleep in the first half of ACC ball games.  Wake lost to Duke on Sunday and they have caused Carolina fits although the Heels should win. UNC 79-71

-Charlie.

No comments: