The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Divisional Ramblings

Doing somewhat of the same thing as last week.  Contemplating a Favre post later on today but we shall see if I want to do it.  But still give you some thoughts about all four games especially since I told you the Jets would win.

New Orleans 45 Arizona 14
- This game was once again a boring game and I think it can be said that the NFL Playoffs have flat-out sucked. I would compare the playoffs to going to the strip club expecting at least three to five good looking strippers that look like they shouldn't be there but instead, you knew all these girls were destined for this job. 

-Anyways, the one thing that pleased me about the Saints game was the outburst of Reggie Bush.  He played as good as I have ever seen him in the NFL.  He dominated the game as a running back and punt returner. In addition, more touchdowns means more Kim Kardashian on TV, good times. 

- Sean Payton may be the smartest mind in football, the guy is a complete genius. I am impressed every week when watching him dissect a defense is awesome.

-The block on Kurt Warner was one of the hardest hits I have seen and reminded me of Warren Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton years ago, which led to "PUT A JERSEY ON!" comment, personal favorite of mine.  

- Adding on to the Warner hit, I think he will retire and that will lead the Cards to bringing in a free agent or a drafting some QB in 2010 Draft. As much as it pains me to say it, Matt Leinart cannot do it for an NFL team. Loved him like Bush but he just doesn't have it.

Indianapolis 20 Baltimore 3
-Honestly, I didn't watch a single down. I went to see my high school play our rival and I am glad I did, we lost but still it was better that watching this game.

-Joe Flacco was hurt yes but if he was healthy, I doubt it will make a difference against the Colts. He is not there yet as a quarterback in the NFL.

-I cannot believe Ed Reed is thinking about retiring, one of the best players in the last ten years and has probably a top-five sound clip, if you haven't seen this... your welcome.

Minnesota 31 Dallas 3
-One more week of talking about how great Brett Favre is and can he do it?  Well probably but we do not need to discuss where I am at the point of puking, thank you. 

-Probably one of the worst FU touchdown I have seen in a while.  No reason to do play action and to even throw the ball is insane, I hope Favre plays another year and Dallas gets him good in that game next year.

-If you look back on my picks, I said Flozell Adams is good enough to hold down Jared Allen... well Adams went down, and all hell broke loose.

-Therefore it wasn't Tony Romo's fault that he couldn't handle the pressure of the Vikes rush. It was very reminiscent of the first Packer game. 

- I do wonder if Wade Phillips decides to pooch punt instead of throwing Shaun Shusiam out there for a forty-eight yard field goal. I think the Vikes still win because of the Adams injury but still, it could have changed things.

NY Jets 17 San Diego 14
-I told you so!  I told you so!  

-The Chargers are the new Miami Dolphins of the 1990s, could always get to the playoffs and have a lot of promise but can never win the big game plus known for big time chokes. 

-Darrelle Revis was only thrown at six times, which means that people really need to start realizing the Jets secondary is doing some special things. 

-The Shonn Greene/Thomas Jones combo is lethal and when you add Leon Washington next year, you have a three-headed monster unless the Jets decide to get rid of one of the older guys.

Thats all for now and look forward to a hopefully fun Championship weekend.

-Charlie.

No comments: