The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, January 25, 2010

Peyton Manning Shows Why He's the Man

I am not a big Peyton Manning fan, I believe I have made it clear on the blog a couple times I believe.  I really cannot explain why, the only reason I can think of is because he played for Tennessee and I never have liked the Volunteers.  Anyways, he proved why he got his fourth MVP yesterday in a rousing 30-17 win against the New York Jets.

Revis Island?  Not a problem for Manning who basically ignored Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne for most of the game, and exposed the Jets other cornerbacks/secondary with going to Austin Collie/Pierre Garcon consistently.  Manning ended up throwing 377 yards and three touchdowns against the best defense in football... incredible. 

I thought watching the first half that the Jets may actually do this thing by forcing turnovers and actually getting to Manning, which is something that rarely happens and when it does usually spells trouble for the Colt offense. But then, when he drove down the field, down eleven points and hit Collie with a long pass, then the touchdown shortly thereafter, the Colts never looked back.  

I thought Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan put too much faith in his kicker Jay Feely in the third quarter up four points going for a 50+ Field Goal in a loud dome ont he road. I said when that happened, this was a complete repeat of the Cowboys-Vikings game.  Just like Wade Phillips, Ryan should have punted the ball giving Manning a longer field and possibly getting the ball back in good possession.

Once again, Manning played one of the greatest games of his career and the Who Dat Nation should be very afraid.

-Charlie.

No comments: