The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Agent Zero Turns Into 007

One of the first stories that people got when they woke up from their hangovers and the ugly girl they brought home from the bars from New Years Eve, they saw the news that Washington Wizards guards Gilbert Arenas and Jarvis Crittenton had pulled guns on each other because they were settling a gambling debt. This was shortly after there were reports that Arenas was keeping his guns at the Verison Center. 

I think this is a huge step back for the NBA who has been cleaning up their image in the past couple of years with better all-around stand-up guys like LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.  Arenas is a popular guy in the DC area with young fans and children alike plus until his major knee injuries he was slowly becoming a top-notch popular player in the NBA.  He had a funny as hell blog, known for hitting big shots, and an awesome scorer.  I personally loved him for those reasons and just being a jokester yelling Hibachi after he shot the ball.

I am not saying because he has a gun, he is branded as a thug of the NBA and joins the rest of them, no. I think guns for professional athletes if properly registered are fine with the things that happened to Sean Taylor a couple years back.   What bothers me is the fact that he pulled a gun on a teammate. In my opinion, I consider most teams like families and there are the weird relatives that you might not like although that doesn't mean I am pulling a gun on that wacko.  No excuses for that type of stuff in professional sports and why I am calling for at least a month suspension for Arenas.

He needs to leave the NBA for awhile because the distraction is just not needed for the league. Washington doesn't need it either therefore it makes sense to get rid of Arenas/Crittention for their foolishness. I wouldn't even mind if David Stern suspended him for the rest of year like he did Artest.  I mean what if one of the pulled the trigger?  That would be a giant sports scandal of epic proportions like we haven't seen before and Stern needs to make sure this type of stuff doesn't happen again.

-Charlie.

No comments: