The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, January 11, 2010

Ramblings From the Wild Card Weekend

I am going to separate post about the Packer-Cardinal game because it needs it but I do not want to forget about the rest of the games. Therefore I am just going to give you guys a bunch of quick hitters of the three games and I think for the first time in years, I watched all the games plus I have grown closer to the NFL this year.

Jets 24 Bengals 14
-Joe Theismann is still allowed to be a color guy?  My goodness was him, Tom Hammond, and Joe Gibbs just awful. I like Hammond, he does a great job with Notre Dame Football calls but he seemed so uncomfortable with the two former Redskins.

-Darrelle Revis is an absolute monster. I haven't watched that many games of the New York Jets but he is honestly the best cover corner in the league right now, better than Charles Woodson (Chuck does so much more on the field in terms of the run, zone coverage, other stuff). Look at the roll call of the guys he has shut down.

-Mark Sanchez, probably the one guy I am the happiest for because I enjoyed watching him at USC and I think he has the moxy to be a great quarterback.  He got a lot of help from the running attack of Shonn Greene (awesome game too) and Thomas Jones. 

-The offensive line of the Jets is seriously underrated; the best in the league that I have seen this year and that can propel their chances to continue. 

-Carson Palmer, were you alive out there?  Theismann could have done a better job out there

Dallas 34 Philadelphia 14
-The Cowboys impressed the most out of anybody this weekend. I thought they played the toughest out of any team and they look dangerous headed into the next few rounds.

-I think the one thing happened to the Eagles and it's simple: People figured out the game plan on DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy isn't doing much as a running back. McNabb just seemed lost out there, which is something we have grown acustomed to in years past.

-There wasn't much that stood out to me, just a dominating performance by Boys'. Like I said, they look damn good. 

Baltimore 33 New England 14
-I thought there was no way this would be a blowout either way. I didn't trust the Ravens and I thought before Wes Welker went out with an injury, I thought the Pats were a sneaky Super Bowl pick. Ray Rice opening TD proved me wrong

-The Ravens got lucky that the officiating was so loose, big key for them and if that happens again in Indy look out.

-Ray Rice in my mind is a top ten running back and could be in that top five realm come next year. He has power/speed. Rice could be the difference maker of this playoffs.

- I would like to call this end of the Patriot Dynasty, I think Bill Belichick isn't the same coach he was a couple years ago. I cannot explain it but with the Jets getting better, the Dolphins are still young, and the Bills get the right coach, the AFC East becomes very dangerous.

Charlie.

No comments: