The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Interview with Seth PART I

He's known on the blog as Seet, Seth, and Asshole (joking), anyways pretty knowledgable guy so lets get it in.  

Charles, finally you get wise and ask me questions for your blog instead of "Mikko" (gay name by the way Mitch, you should go with Mitzy but maybe we should ask the guys on Jersey Shore) and Eric (not cool enough to have a self made nickname). Kind of disappointed it took so long for you to get me on here after all the car rides and living across the hall from you and showing you I am the alpha male in this household but I digress.


1. An easy softball question for you, who ya got on Sunday- Jets-Colts, Vikes-Saints? And why will those teams win?

Welp do I go with who I WANT to win or who I THINK will win. The first game I would like to see the Jets win, because of former USC and rookie QB Mark Sanchise also Rex Ryan and that defense is beasty. And also I know this guy, we'll call him Brent, who is a big Colts fan. If the Colts lose won't have to hear his garbage and talk about Peyton this, Peyton that. This kid would probably soil himself if he met Peyton, but he probably has already. Kids from Mequon can do anything. (Now Brett, I mean Brent, is pissed) However, Colts win because of 18 behind center and their defense should rattle and keep the Jets offense under control. Colts 24-10. Now I'm going to keep this one short, Saints win because I have been praying that they will since we found out they were going to be matched up and the Vikings defense is good but good enough to stop all those weapons? I'm not Ron Jaworski, but my "expert analysis" is no they cannot. Saints 31-21.
2. Would you cheer for a Brett Favre-led team if he played for a team not from the NFC North or the Dallas Cowboys? If not, why?

Every time I make a comment about Brett Favre someone’s reply is "Oh are you another bitter Packer fan?" No I am not, I don't have a problem with Favre wanting to play and since the Packers moved on if he wanted to play for another team so be it, that's life. But it's the way he did it that grinds my gears, whining and saying Packers did that and this. Just making a big scene and temper tantrum. Yes, I know he was pissed that the Packers had moved on but he should have handled it better. He should have seen something on the likes of "I understand they moved on, I respect that, Aaron Rodgers will be great for them. I realize I still want to play Even if it's for another team. And how it would be hard to go separate ways. etc. etc." Playing for the Vikings stings, yes. But I don't cheer for rivals or opponents regardless. If someone from USC transferred to UCLA I would not cheer for UCLA if they were playing Stanford. So after all of that jibber jabber, if he would have handled it better, sure I would be "less bitter" but since he didn't I don't cheer for whiners and 40 year olds acting like 14 year old girls.
3. Who do you feel is the biggest X-factor in those two games?

X-factors in these games? Saints defensive line, it'll be imperative to get pressure on Brett and disrupt him and knock around his old body and make him feel comfortable. He'll make New Orleans experience Hurricane Katrina if given time to throw the ball to the likes of Harvin, Shiancoe, Rice, Berrian and those guys. For the Colts game, I'm going to go with Collie. Revis will probably be all over the field covering Clark and Wayne leaving Collie, who had 7 TDs in the regular season, to be Peyton's main target.

4. Why does the NFL try to force the Pro Bowl down our throats? Can we agree its the worst all-star game by a long shot?

Simple reason, so Rodger Goodell can sing along with Lil Wayne’s "Got money" . That's what it's all about, but to be honest I'm not really a fan of any of the all star games. Baseball is probably the best and basketball used to be alright until guys that don't even play half of the year (McGrady and Iverson) start for their respected conferences all-star team. Back to the Pro Bowl, atleast it's something to watch between the last playoff games and the Super Bowl but yes it is probably the worst.

5. I know it's early but what would you like to see Ted Thompson and the Packers do this offseason?

Obviously strengthen the O-line via free agency and also draft a young tackle. Also take care of signing Collins, and Tramon and others to deals. With the draft I'd like to see an O-lineman or two, DB, D-line and WR. I know I know we already have a stud filled WR corp. But the truth is DD isn't getting younger and to have a young WR in waiting learning behind the Packer's all time leading receiver would be great. My friend and Rothschild Raptor Alum always talk about what we should do. As long as we don't draft another Justin Harrell like with our 1st round pick I think we'll be alright.

6. Out of Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, and Sam Bradford, which guy do you think will have the biggest impact in the NFL and why?

Biggest impact as far as stats probably Sam Bradford. He's a lot more athletic than Jimmy Clausen and is an overall better QB by far than Tebow (Sorry Eric). I'm not too concerned about his shoulder simply because modern medicine is pretty damn good and he decided to have surgery during the season and give him more time to recover and rehab. With that said, Tim Tebow may save the Jaguars and keep them in Jacksonville. The Jacksonville native has been linked to being drafted by the Jags to help sell more tickets. So possibly he could save a franchise from moving so that would be a pretty big impact.

No comments: