The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Interview with Seth Part II

Seth really wanted to do this so he basically wrote a novel, here is Part I

7. Now for those who don't know, you are a big USC fan... Your thoughts on the Lane Kiffin hiring and will it be a successful term for him?
My first reaction was, he just gave Tennessee a big FUCK YOU. Lane Kiffin was successful at USC where he is used to the lifestyle and university. He sucked with the Raiders but who hasn't? He was decent at Tennessee during his first year. He's a hell of a recruiter and it'll be even easier to get kids to come to USC than Knoxville Tennessee. Big time recruits are attracted to young wild coaches and the big limelight, which USC offers. He has huge shoes to fill and Pete Carroll is a hell of a guy and coach, but I think USC will be back within a year or two and dominating the Pac 10 and BCS Bowl Games.

8. I don't know if you saw SI's Top 10 for next year but they had three Big Ten teams in there (Ohio State, Iowa, and Wisconsin). Do you think the Big 10 will be back as a dominate conference?

Top 25, maybe 15 I could see but top 10? Ohio State deserves it like they do every year because they just reload with outstanding recruits. I can name 9 teams, including tOSU (shot out to Mark Titus ) including Texas, Florida (Brantley is a stud), Alabama, Oregon, USC (maybe bias), kills me to say Boise State, LSU, Va. Tech (I think they are always top 10 regardless of previous year) and yup Nebraska. I could see Penn State in there before Wisconsin but hey again I don't like the Big 10 that much so I'm probably being bias.

9. Moving over to hoops, what's your take on LeBron James' decision not to enter the dunk contest and then your overall opinion on James?

He's pretty into himself but when you are that good how you can not be. He doesn't get in trouble so he's doing the right things off the court. Again I think I don't like him as much because "Brent" who I referenced earlier is in love with him. Yes, you are right his favorite players just happen to be the best players in their respective sports. Just like any other superstar he is easy to get sick of because of all the publicity he gets and is on ESPN's Top Stories if he gets a hair cut.

10.What's been the most surprising thing for you in the NBA or College basketball?

Surprising is the Tennessee situation, kicking guys off the team and suspending then going to beat Kansas. I don't know what it is with guns and basketball (see Arenas-Crittenton and Tyler Smith and gang at UT) Probably a weak response to your question but to be honest I haven't been following as closely as I usually do

11. Duke is struggling on the road, North Carolina isn't good this year therefore it could be a wide open ACC race, is this a good thing or the power struggle between Duke-UNC something you look forward to?

ACC is wide open this year. I think it will be between Clemson, GT and Duke, even Virginia will be in the running. UNC is having a down year, according to UNC standards. Duke-UNC is always a good game and exciting no matter how good the teams are, each team will get the other's best. I'm always cursing out the tv during the game and love to see the powder blue go down. My favorite moment was when Gerald Henderson smacked Hansborough.

12. In your opinion, who is the best team in college basketball, as a follow up... who is the best player you've seen this year?

Best team is Kentucky even though I hate Calipari and everyone on that team. Yes even John Wall. To my next point John Wall has been the best player averaging 17 and 7 which is pretty damn good. If he works on his 3 ball a little bit which is currently at 35% he'll be unbelievable.

13. Do you like what the Brewers have done this offseason and if you don't what would you have liked to see done?

I'm happy they jumped on pitching right away, anyone that saw one Brewer game would know that pitching is their number 1 priority this offseason. Also I like the JJ Hardy trade, even if the ratio of hot girls at Miller Park will drop off. That's alright I'd rather have someone hit above 220 then seeing hot girls at a game that I'll never talk to again. Plus that's what the internet is for. Getting Gomez is great, no longer having Cameron, CF needed to be addressed and Gomez fits nicely. He has great speed and has a ton of potential. Lastly sign Prince Fielder to a long term deal. Charlie has mentioned this before but I will no longer be a Brewer fan if he leaves. (eh we'll see)

14. Jersey Shore, I love it, you love it... what gravitates people to this show and who is your favorite character and why?

I think we can thank my new haircut video for everyone’s love and interests in Guidos. I think like every reality tv show on mtv people love drama and watching situations, no pun intended. Also I think after the first episode when they showed Snooki getting hit made the series ratings sky rocket, even though they blacked it out which I won't get into. I think it's impossible to have a favorite. Vinny and Pauly D probably would be my favorites. Just straight chill and funny. The situation is a tool in my book and I don't like him. Ronnie is cool but I don't like him as much because he gets to "smush" Sammi. But he gained points when he dropped that guy and ran yelling "THATS ONE SHOT KID".

15. Continuing on the theme, favorite quote or line that you have now put into every day conversation?

Probably the term grenade. When Situation said that, instant quote to be used at parties and around town. Already used it quite a bit hoping the girls I refer to as grenades don't realize what it means.

16. Since it is the award season, what's the best movie you have seen this year and why?

Hangover, instant classic. Easily one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Zach Galifinakis was fantastic and fit that role perfectly. I don't think I need anymore explanation since everyone has seen it and would agree that movie was awesome.

17. Your all-time favorite story about the man behind the blog, Charlie Tritschler?

I cannot believe you are letting me do this, but I'll be delicate. The cussing at the girl at the bar has to be one
of the best I would say, wish I could have been there to witness but my imagination and stories from roommates still make it classic. Also when the Stout girls came and you told them "You can sleep in my bed, I'll just sleep in the corner and won't touch you" Absolutely greatness right there. And one can't forget to mention the explanation of making it rain. Girl asking something along the lines of how to make it "rain" and Charlie being a helpful human saying "no no it's like pushing paper off your hand" Doesn't sound funny reading probably but if you were there to witness, you'd understand.

18. Would you explain to the audience our near fist-fight that occurred over Madden 2010?

Welp after the ass kicking I gave you in that game, you were all hot and bothered and started to yell and I was being a smart ass like usual. You had enough and threw a bottle in my room and knocked something off my wall on accident but I thought you did on purpose so I let you know John Cena style that I didn't appreciate that. Pretty pathetic on my part but hey I'm not Ghandi. Thats just a nice short version but really all that happened.

19. If there would be one sporting event or a normal game that you would like to attend what would it be?

Easily the Super Bowl, and then a close second would be Final Four and Nat'l Championship. Nothing beats the hype of the Super Bowl except maybe Avatar, the only thing that may be more hyped than these events is Charlie bringing back a girl from the bar (yet to be determined). Final Four and Nat'l Championship is just something I've always wanted to see and experience. Those in my opinion are the two biggest stages in America when it comes to sports.

-Charlie.

No comments: