The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, January 15, 2010

College Basketball Picks: Where I Go All in on Kimmel

My take on the whole late-night stuff since that's the popular thing to do these days, I think Jimmy Kimmel has completely owned the whole situation by not only dressing like Jay Leno but also dissing him to his face. In addition, I do love Conan O'Brian "I don't give a fuck" attitude about him. Anyways, here we goo...

1. Texas-vs. Texas A&M- Big time rivalry that features an Aggie team who might have got their good record by playing a pretty light schedule after they were outclassed by Kansas State on Tuesday, I think the Longhorns are a really deep team that can put up points better than most.   TEXAS 84-68

2. Kentucky-at Auburn- The Wildcats looked very good on the road this week and that's a key thing for this young team to handle the pressure of road games in the SEC, which isn't the best conference but still, conference road games are tough.  Auburn put up a good fight against Tennessee but I think the Wildcats are on a whole another level.  UK 78-64

3. Kansas-vs. Texas Tech- The Red Raiders have got off to a rough start in the Big 12 and the Jayhawks battled the Cornhuskers on Wednesday in a close game. I think Texas Tech can play offense but I really feel like they cannot play defense for the life of Pat Knight, Jayhawks roll.  KU 94-76

5. Syracuse-at 9. West Virginia- The Orange have been great so far and I think Wesley Johnson has been a top five player and if Andy Rautins is on fire, there is no hope for the teams they are playing.  Bob Huggins still needs to find an answer for having a team thats too big. I think this game goes down to the wire and I think Rautins hits a huge shot. CUSE 74-73

6. Purdue-at Northwestern- The Boilermakers have hit some hard times losing two straight plus Robbie Hummel status I believe is in doubt for this Saturday against a tough Wildcat team on the road. Despite how tough the Wildcats play at home, I think Purdue is too much for them.  PURDUE 57-51

8. Michigan State-vs. Illinois- The Spartans and Fightin' Illini are the only unbeatens in the Big Ten right now but Illinois hasn't seen a healthy Buckeye team, the Badgers, and the Boilermakers. I think Michigan State is getting stronger as the year is going on and I think they expose the Illini on Saturday.  MSU 67-59

10. Tennessee-vs. 23. Ole Miss- I think if Bruce Pearl keeps his team in the top 15, he deserves Coach of the Year. I am amazed with what they are doing with the number of guys they have. The Rebels have been a surprise so far but Rocky Top is tough for any team.  TENN 79-71

12. Kansas State-at Colorado- Maybe the Wildcats are for real. They played really well against the Aggies and now face a Buffalo team whose okay although I think they have no chance against the Wildcats. KSU 76-64

13. North Carolina-vs. 18. Georgia Tech- I was stunned on how bad the Tar Heels played against Clemson because they looked horrible, and it appears they are losing Tyler Zeller for some time.  The Yellow Jackets are also a young team with Derrick Favors leading the group and they beat Duke at home. I think the Tar Heels win this only because its at home, very close.  UNC 85-83

14. Gonzaga-at San Diego- The Zags were able to get past St. Marys and win that game now they have the Torros who are under .500, so I really do not see any hope for that.  ZAGS 79-56

16. Wisconsin-at Ohio State- The Badgers looked good without Jon Leuer on Wednesday night but they will need Jason Bohannon to have another good performance plus a full good game from Trevon Hughes. Evan Turner is back for the Buckeyes who are a completely different team than the one the Badgers blew out. I think the Villain will take care of business in this one.  OSU 69-63

17. BYU-vs. Colorado State- BYU wins this one, I don't know much about the Mountain West but the Cougars will win.  BYU 72-59

19. Clemson-at NC State- I honestly seen this working out for the Wolfpack because the Tigers are going to riding high beating the Tar Heels at home but going on the road will not treat Oliver Purnell nicely on Saturday, the upset pick of the week. NCSU 78-74

LAST FOUR PICKS: Temple over UMass, Butler over Youngstown, Oklahoma State over Baylor, and Virginia Tech over Florida State.

-Charlie.

No comments: