The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Championship Week To Remember

Well it's come down to this...  four teams who have dreams of the going to the Super Bowl in Miami in two weeks and I really think we are going to have two great games because I feel the teams match up pretty nicely.

New York Jets at Indianapolis Colts- I usually do not like teams based out of New York because the media overhypes them to levels I cannot stand.  But I absolutely love the Jets, Mark Sanchez is a USC boy, Darrelle Revis is one of the best cover corners I have seen since Deion Sanders, their defense is gritty tough as nails, Shonn Greene was one of my favorite players last year at Iowa, and Rex Ryan talks a lot of shit while backing it up.  I really think it's got to a point where I cannot doubt them but seriously, go in to Indy and beat Peyton Manning?  The Colts need to find a way to run the ball to create some space for Manning and his receivers. The Jets cannot in any way shape or form turn the ball over because giving Manning extra chances is like letting the Situation talk to your girlfriend, just not a good decision.  I think the Jets will outplay the Colts and have the lead going into the fourth, but as we've seen this year with Indy, they find a way to win. A late Manning drive puts the Colts in the Super Bowl.  INDY 21-17  

Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints- Can the Old Man do it?  That's the big question and honestly, I would be cheering on Brett Favre if he wasn't playing for a bitter NFC North rival.  Sadly, he is a Viking and I cannot fathom seeing them winning.  Sean Payton may be the smartest coach in football right now in my opinion it's time to pass the torch.  He will expose Antoine Winfield and Jasper Brinkley on the defensive side of the ball, both are complete liabilities for the Vikes in this one.  In addition, remember how much Favre would struggle in domes when he was on the road?  Always had problems communicating and getting rattled very easily, I think that has to be a worry.  I predict a high scoring affair with things going back and forth for the first three quarters until the Saints pull away late.  NO 38-27 

-Charlie.

No comments: