The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Final Bowl Pick: Alabama vs. Texas

Well I would like to announce that I went 19-15 so far in the bowl picks and hopefully will win my 20th game of the bowl picks, which I would consider a pretty good start.  We will go for the undefeated season next year.  Now on to the showdown between Alabama and Texas.

When I looked at this game a month ago, I thought this game would be a blowout because the teams the Tide played and beat were far superior than what Texas did all year.  I was telling people that if I were a betting man I would take the spread and this game will be blowout.   Now I have changed my mind somewhat for a couple of reasons.  People reminded me this was the same sort of thought when the Longhorns last played in the National Championship and the media reminded me of how good Will Muschamp is as a defensive coordinator. 

I think the key to the game for Bama is how well junior Greg McElroy plays. I was really impressed with him in the SEC Championship game and that final drive against Auburn this year.  He needs to open up the field so the Texas defense will not fill the box against Heisman winner Marc Ingram who I feel will have a great game. 

I also believe that Colt McCoy wants this game more than any player thats playing and I think that means something.  He wants a National Championship because he doesn't have a Heisman Trophy or a title. McCoy has won a bunch of games but that doesn't mean shit unless he wins the game tonight. 

This will be a close game and will come down to what it always does in football. Turnovers, Special Teams, and the battle in the trences.  I think Nick Saban lives for the big games and draws up great game plans.  I believe this will be a close game with Bama sealing it in the fourth.

Alabama 27  Texas 20

-Charlie.

No comments: