The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Week 17 Picks: MIA

I will get to the Gilbert Arenas story on Monday with a couple other NBA things and will start doing NCAA picks during the week plus on the weekend since they into conference play.

I really felt uninspired to write a picks post because honestly most of these games do not matter to teams and they want to lose to get a higher draft pick at least in my opinion.  If I am team knowing I will not make the playoffs and I believe my job will be back for next season, everyone gets time oThe other game thff into the next season. Although, I would argue that some coaches and teams would like to play the role of spoliers if they are given the oppertunity.

In the two or three big games this afternoon/night, I think that Philadelphia beats Dallas, it's going to be a close game but the Eagles have had success against the Cowboys in Dallas plus I really do not believe the Cowboys have a cornerback to cover DeSean Jackson, he will have a huge game today. Don't expect a blowout though, Tony Romo will play tough and the Cowboys lose on a final drive. PHI 27-24

The game that seems to be everyone's upset is Oakland and Baltimore, I also like the Raiders in the spolier role because they have risen up to te occasion on more than once against really good teams. I am still not convinced that the Ravens are that good of a team, they are the most undisplinced team in the NFL and Joe Flacco looks average at best. I see it as a defensive struggle with the Mitch Pratts hitting a FG for the win. OAK 13-10

The last game of the day between Cincinnati and the New York Jets could have some importance but if New England were to lose to Houston (currently tied in the third) then the game doesn't matter whatsoever. The Bengals have the tie-breaker and I think they would rather play Denver again then the Jets in back-to-back weeks if they win.  The Jets break their fans hearts every year and its going to be freezing in the big city where Mark Sanchez has 1 TD 8 INTs in cold weather this year... not good.  CINCY 21-13

-Charlie.

No comments: