The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Meetings Pwned by the Brewers

The man, the myth, the mustache Doug Melvin decided to take control of the most important off-season in Milwaukee Brewer history.  They made a splash bringing in Randy Wolf and LaTroy Hawkins.  I must say one I am a huge fan of Randy and the other, sort of. 

The Randy Wolf signing is an ultimate upgrade from Braden Looper because he will not give up the ridiculous amount of homers that Looper did in 2009.  Wolf is a solid left-handed pitcher who can get the ball over the plate. He always seems to throw players off with all of the off-speed stuff he throws on a consistent basis.

The other thing I love about Wolf is that he is a class act.  All that's needed to prove that is this article in ESPN last October.  Very cool story and I would like to see the Brewers create some sort of Wolf Pack.  Plus I would have Randy Wolf come out to the N.W.O. red/black theme song.

Wolf has had some injury problems in the past couple years, which concerns me a little bit. Not to mention, he only became healthy in the contract year. Its a good upgrade from what we got don't get me wrong, but at the same time I feel it warrants mentioning when you give a guy 9.5 million dollars.

The rotation now is set as this... Yovani, Parra, Bush, Wolf, and Suppan. I would like to see Soup moved to the bullpen if we could add another pitcher, but to me that rotation is better than last year. 

Now on to LaTroy Hawkins... I think its a good sign if he doesn't lose his mind.  Hawkins in his years with Houston and Chicago was a guy I felt like the Brewers could get some runs off of when he pitched against us. I hope we get the good version of LaTroy, not the bad one.  LaTroy could bridge the gap in the eighth inning for Trevor Hoffman and do a hell of a job at doing it. I can only hope that is how things work out. I think a guy like Ken Macha can keep his head on straight and it will work out for the best.

-Charlie..

No comments: