The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bowl Picks for the Early Week

My current record is 4-5 and thanks to not having that much time to write a full post on the first part of the week in terms of bowl weeks.  I am just going to make a quick pick...

MUSIC CITY BOWL: Clemson vs. Kentucky- I think the Tigers are going to win this one for various reasons and one of them being C.J. Spiller, I have been more impressive with Spiller more than most players in the country.  He reminds of Reggie Bush in some many ways  CLEM 35-21 (won this game tonight moving my record to 5-5, three-game winning streak!)

Monday
INDEPENDENCE BOWL: Texas A&M vs. Georgia- Who would ever want to play a bowl game in Shreveport, Louisiana and will either defense stop anyone?  Both of these teams are very talented on the offense end but cannot stop anyone to save their souls.  Jerrod Johnson for the Aggies is one of the most underrated players in the country but their defense have given up 60+ in two games this year, not good.  UGA 45-34

Tuesday
EAGLEBANK BOWL: UCLA vs. Temple- Well this will be better football seen played in DC compared to the Redskins. It mindboggles me that the Bruins haven't been out East since 1998 and tha Temple is a respectable football program. I will take the big time program who had decent losses against Stanford/Oregon plus they get their QB back.  UCLA 21-10

CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL: 15.Miami vs. 25.Wisconsin- This should be a great matchup between two teams who I am willing to bet are at least playing in a New Years Day bowl maybe even a BCS bowl. This game is about making a statement for next year.  I worry for the Badgers about the speed of Miami but I think they can wear teams down with John Clay. Since perfection is out of the way, I will take the homer pick.. still love the U though.  UW 23-20

Wednesday
HUMANTARIAN BOWL: Bowling Green vs. Idaho- A home game for the Vandals as the Falcons have to visiting likely colder than hell Boise, Idaho. But I do think it's great that they play a bowl in a freezing cold location. Two teams going in opposite directions when the season ended.  I think the Falcons pull out the road win.  BGSU 31-23

HOLIDAY BOWL: 20. Arizona vs. 22. Nebraska- I think everyone will be focused on the AP Player of the Year, Ndamukong Suh to see how he does and I think he could be as good as Reggie White.  The Wildcats are a good team with many tough losses in the year but I think the Cornhusker defense is a lot tougher than people think, leading them to victory.  NEB 20-13 

-Charlie.

No comments: