The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, December 21, 2009

Ramblings From a Disappointed Fan

Do you know today was the first game that finished 37-36?  Yeah me either but you know what the game still sucked at the ending.  I will say this I got over the lost pretty quick and then got pissed again when Minnesota lost today knowing that if we won, there would still be an outside shot at the division.  A couple thoughts on today's game...

-Aaron Rodgers is the awesome.  He might have cost me a fantasy win but he put the team on his shoulders when the Pack couldn't get the run started but he is easily a top five quarterback in the NFL.  Nothing he could do about that last drive.

-The Pack could have had more than fourteen points in the first half with all the drops that the receivers had. Nothing do I hate more than drops.  So many opportunities missed in the first half. 

-Big ups to the offensive line, I knew that A-Rod got hit a lot but he only suffered one sack on the day. They held up tough against probably one of the best front sevens in the league. I know their secondary is one of the worst but their pass rush is still very tough. 

-Please for the Love of Lombardi, no one freak out about our defense.  The reason why we sucked today is because Pittsburgh plays our defense themselves and their offense sees it all the time.  Not to mention, they had 10 days to prepare for pretty much everything.  They will be just fine.

-Jarrett Bush/Josh Bell both suck and will cause me heartache whenever the Packers lose in the playoffs. You can book that, tell Vegas right now because they are the bane of my football existence, trust me. 

-I did not get the coverage at all on the final drive or the overall decision to only rush three makes no sense to me.  Big Ben gets sacked a lot because he surveys the field better than most quarterbacks taking more time leading to sacks.  I wish Clay Matthews and company would have rushed on the final drive. 

-A lot of what ifs from today's game but the biggest one has to be what if Cullen Jenkins sacks the quarterback with .13 seconds we win.  It's that simple and it sucks to know that, probably the worst feeling of the night.

-Nothing is worst than having an unreliable kicker in the NFL or college football.  It makes or breaks your team more than anything else.  The Packers now have that for the first time in a bunch of years since the Brett Conway days.

-I am starting to hate Big Ben.  He complains about every call and acts like he is a goddamn conductor out there trying to guide plays.  He just seems smug out there. Maybe its Pennsylvania thing because I feel the same way about Donovan McNabb.

-Speaking of Big Ben, he sure as hell can lead a comeback. In the past couple years, I think he is the one quarterback you do not want to see with less than 2 minutes.  More than Manning, Favre, or Brady.

-With Denver losing, it would not shock me in the slightest if the Steelers make it into the playoffs. This sort of win is changes team and inspires team.  Although, their secondary might be so bad that it will not be enough to carry them there. But I am excited to see how the AFC playoffs pan out.  

-It is just one game fans, yeah it sucks but life goes on. We will beat Seattle and Arizona because both teams have given up on the season and they will be ready for the playoffs for whoever is waiting for them on the first week.

Charlie.

No comments: