The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Everyone Loves John Wall

If you watched ESPN today all of the hype today fell onto Kentucky's freshman point guard John Wall who has taken the country by storm with his play so far.  I cannot stand the Wildcats if you do not know that, I suggest you check one of my prior blog posts about them and the near-war I started with the Big Blue fan base.  Honestly, I cannot hate on John Wall.  He is the man.

I didn't need Wednesday's game honestly because when I saw him play against North Carolina Saturday I was immediately drawn into this kid's game.  The first ten minutes of the UNC game, he made two sensational plays that made me wonder... This kid is a freshman, no way?  He looked like a man among boys.  The way Wall play is something that we personally haven't seen even in the last five years.  Despite all the great players we have had in the last five years such as Kevin Durant, Mike Beasley, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose... Wall is something else. 

Being a point guard, he is in complete control of the game unlike the first four.  Not to mention, Rose was nowhere near Wall's level at this point in his career.  Wall can do so much more than the others did this early in the season.  Some are saying the teams will figure out a way to stop Wall but I disagree, he will be unstoppable for the whole year. Wall has a type of quickness that not many players can stop and he has a loaded arsenal of getting to the rack, mid-range, and three-point shooting.  Not many freshman have everything there already in the first two months. He may be the first player since the new rule about not making the jump to the NBA from high school that actually was NBA-ready from the get-go.

To me, Wall doesn't really need college basketball but Kentucky is happy to have him for the year. There is a chance that he might be the first player since Anthony to lead his team all the way to the National Championship. But then again, its early. 

-Charlie.

No comments: