The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Walrus That Saved Cleveland

If you do not think that Mike Holmgren looks like a Walrus then I think you might be blind.  Honestly, this could be the best thing for the Cleveland in a long time.

Many people feel that Eric Mangini will be out of Cleveland and I do not think he should be fired.  I know you are probably shocked reading this but what if Holmgren gave this guy another shot to try to prove himself to the czar of operations.  I think this needs to happen because Mangini (despite being a hard ass) is a good coach and I know Randy Lerner, the owner has zillions of dollars I do not think you can convince one of the popular coaches' choices to come to the Browns with Holmgren calling the sots.  

My suggestion for Mangini is bring in Charlie Weis.  When Brady Quinn was at his very best in college, he ran Weis' offense.  I think this would be a full-proof plan that wouldn't fail and they could find ways to use Joshua Cribbs in different formations.  I think Weis would be the perfect addition and then if Mangini cannot get the job done, say worse than 8-8 or a bad start then he should be fired.

In no way will Holmgren coach the team.  He tried doing both jobs and realized that it was too hard to do both jobs.  In my opinion, the reason he is taking this job is because Holmgren wished he took the GM job in Seattle when he had the chance.   

The Browns have guys like Joe Thomas, Cribbs, and Quinn but Holmgren will need at least two to three years to put together a team.  The defense needs to reshaped in so many ways before this team can think about winning again.

-Charlie.

No comments: