The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Three Packers to Sing LMAFO "I'm in Miami..."

The NFL wrap-up got derailed by a multiplicity of things therefore I will give you my thoughts on the Pro Bowl roster more so about the Green Bay Packers.  We are hopefully getting five posts done today, whoa nellie.  Here we go...

I think the Pro Bowl is a pretty dumb idea but I do like that it's now in the Super Bowl location, like that it's before the Super Bowl because it gives you something to watch. It is fine that players who will go on to play in the Super Bowl will not play because they never did after the fact. 

No question in my mind was Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees the three best quarterbacks in the NFC this season and good selections.  I do not think A-Rod is the starter of the Pro Bowl because he didn't get off to an outrageous start with the team like Brees/Favre did for their teams.  Stats-wise he looks just as good as Brees and beats out Favre.  Sporting News (don't have the link) called Rodgers the player of the next decade, pretty cool stuff.

Charles Woodson is the lone starter for the Pack and I think everyone in that state of Wisconsin believes that Chuck should be Defensive Player of the Year. I think he deserves to especially after the Vikings Jared Allen not looking as strong in the last few games.  Facebook statuses galore of "75% of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Charles Woodson."  He is our first reliable, go-to cornerback in forever.  Even when the Packers went to the Super Bowl, Doug Evans and Tyrone Williams were not lock up corners.

I am not sure Ted Thompson logic behind not giving Nick Collins a big contract after last year.  He made the Pro Bowl last year and now made it again so the money is piling up in Collins favor.  We need to re-sign him next year and if that doesn't happen, I will probably be more in the Anti-Ted camp than ever before.  Collins-Woodson combination in the secondary can make up for Jarrett Bush and Atari Bigby's lapses in coverage.

I know my buddy Seth loves Clay Matthews and after he stripped the ball from Adrian Peterson in October game against the Vikings he said and I quote "I am naming my kid Clay m'fin Matthews Krueger!"  That is a nice spot for him and he will probably get into the Pro Bowl.  I think Brian Orakpo making the starters makes no difference with who wins Defensive Rookie of the Year, which will be very close. I will also say this... The Packers are not a playoff team without Matthews, he makes a difference in the pass rush and would love to see him drop in coverage once in awhile. 

-Charlie.

No comments: