The New Logo

The New Logo

Saturday, December 19, 2009

That's a Great Effin Point Bob.

This is a line used by Bobby Knight in these world-famous golf outtakes. If you haven't seen them I suggest you do because they are pure magic.  Anyways, I do believe that former coach Bob Knight made a great point today about college basketball andd one coach that I ripped on in the past, caught some heat for it, and didn't back down.. I love John Wall but people are dead on about your head coach.  Here is what Bob Knight said...
"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching," Knight said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."
 Hmm very interesting... I seemed to make similar accusations about how upset I was at all the love that guys like John Calipari and Jim Calhoun were getting and are still getting today yet people told me how wrong I really was about the whole ordeal.  I think that a 900 win coach agrees with me on this topic.

Sorry, I wanted to brag about it but truly, Calipari should face the consequences of leaving a team on probation because he was directly involved,whether he admits to it or not.  My roommate Seet's brother's friend who is an athletic trainer... an athletic trainer wanted out Memphis because he worried of the ramifications of working at such a dirty program. Worldwide Wes could attest to that, he helped bring in the players to Memphis along with other factors.  Calipari knew that Derrick Rose could be a problem down the road therefore he took the first meal ticket out there, which happened to be one of the best jobs in college sports.  

Some might say that it's not fair to punish the team who hires the violator but honestly, its their fault for bringing a guy in who doesn't have the squeakiest reputation about recruiting.  I honestly think Calipari knew he was in trouble at UMass deep that he went to NBA when that first offer came in knowing damn well that the NCAA might strike down harder than he would have wanted. 

Look, what Calipari is doing right now with the Wildcats is great and honestly, I think they could be the overall number one seed when the chips are down in March.  Calipari brings in great recruits whether they are clean or not but he will be always held in the same light as Jerry "the Shark" Tarkanian.

-Charlie.

No comments: