The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

NBA Weekly: Ivo Back to Philly and Ron-Ron Loves Hennessy

Here is one of our favorite posts, which is the NBA Weekly.  We usually take two NBA topics make them into one column to get to my readers faster.  If you follow me on Twitter (/chuckscorner), a fan of Facebook (Chuck's Corner), or just like to read my stuff, thank you for it. 

The Return of the Answer: For some reason everyone seems to be excited that Allen Iverson is returning to Philadelphia 76ers to relive the glory days where he once screamed about practice!  We talkin' bout' practice!!! Sorry I had to do it one more time, always good to bring back.  This isn't a good move for the team chemistry and once again, the Sixers are overrated.  Elton Brand isn't playing well and the only real thing they have going for them is Andre Iguodala.  Iverson will disrupt team chemistry... why?  Because he always does, since Philly he hasn't gone to a team and not caused problems.  Coming back to the City of Brotherly Love will make no difference.  The Sixers realized they were losing money and decided they need more ticket money therefore bring back the hero of the early 2000s for the town.  After the honeymoon is over in a couple weeks, people will realize that he is a shell of his former self. 

Bless your Heart Ron: In my opinion, this tops the Tiger Woods scandal going on right now.  Ron Artest admitted to drinking Hennessey during halftime of games while playing for the Chicago Bulls.  Now most would be outraged but you know why I cannot?  It's Ron Artest!  Nothing this guy does surprises me anymore especially after the Michael Jackson Tribute and the Jimmy Kimmel Show. I probably should be more upset, but in all honesty, I think after the Malice in the Palace he truly turned his life around somewhat, still batshit crazy.  Although a couple things I wonder about is how the hell does he play basketball after taking sips of Hennessey at halftime? I would love to see the splits from those years. "Oh look at those second-half numbers, Ron must have drunk a half a bottle!"  It cannot be good and I do wonder if the drinking increases when the Bulls were getting blown out or winning big. Maybe Jamie Foxx was right.. Blame it on the Henny.   

-Charlie.

No comments: