The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Christmas Bowl Picks (Dec 22nd to Dec 26th)

Well if you are playing at home, I am 1-3.  The Wyoming-Fresno game was a complete toss-up, the Blue Raiders having the second coming of Michael Vick quarterback was completely unexpected, and the Fightin' Chets pulled the wool on me because I really thought the Beavers were a good team.  

Wednesday
SAN DIEGO BOWL: 23. Utah vs. California- I am not giving the bowl its full name because it is way too damn long so there you go. My first question is Ron Burgundy doing the coin flip with his explanation of what San Diego actually means?  My second question will Cal represent the Pac-10 better than the Beavers of Oregon State?  I think they do because they get Jahvid Best back from injury and now have a scary 1-2 running back combination plus Utah is without their starting quarterback.  CAL 42-31 

Thursday
HAWAII BOWL: Nevada vs. SMU- I know we said that Oregon St.-BYU would be a shootout but this one will be a shootout.  You have the Wolfpack in one corner who run the Pistol offense with three 1,000 yard rushers and score more than Tiger Woods at a bachelorette party.  Then SMU with June Jones at the helm who made his powerful offense at this very stadium with the likes of Tommy Chang and Colt Brennen. I think its happy homecoming for Jones with the Mustangs prevailing.   SMU 52-49

Saturday
LITTLE CEASERS BOWL: Marshall vs. Ohio- What is the gimmick here "Free Pizzas for the winners!" Little Ceasers is good because its only five dollars, granted it's one of the greasiest things that one human can ever eat.  Number 41410 why I hate the bowl season is the Thundering Herd fired their coach yet they are still in a bowl, doesn't make sense to me.  I think Ohio pulls this one with two teams I know nothing about.  OHIO 28-21 

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL: 17. Pittsburgh vs. North Carolina- This is a tough one and should be a very good game.  The Tar Heels are basically playing a home game with the game being played in Charlotte but they have been very inconsistent this year, really asking yourself what Tar Heel team will play today? Pitt on the other hand has lost the last two games by combined four points and I am super impressed with the combo of Bill Stull/Dion Lewis.  I think the Panthers win by a field goal.  PITT 20-17

EMERLAD BOWL: Boston College vs. 24. USC- The Trojans have faced many distractions in the last week and Joe McKnight didn't travel with the team, which is raising serious eyebrows across America.  Also I don't think USC has played a good game since mid-October. But they face a pretty weak Golden Eagles team who beat the teams they were supposed to but got demolished by the better teams.  USC 35-13 

-Charlie.

No comments: