The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

When the Saints Go Marching In....

Cheesy title but I am really not in the mood to make a creative title.  If you want a non-paying job creating titles for me, let me know.  Anyways, the New Orleans Saints dominated the New England Patriots last night in a rousing 38-17, there were so many things that impressed me last night about the Saints.

First off, their secondary impressed me playing without a couple of their key cogs, I thought Touchdown Tom was set for a monster day and the Pats would expose some things that we haven't seen about the Saints. Mike McKenzie and Darren Sharper look like the versions that we as Packer fans all saw in the early 2000s. Also I commented on this but I wish the Packers could have taken a look at McKenzie after Al Harris went down for the season.

New Orleans' overall defense has been better than anyone could have imagined.  Gregg Williams is a mastermind and Jonathan Vilma in my opinion is one of the better middle linebackers in the NFL.  Vilma makes the defense go and if he is getting into the mix, it will be a long night for offenses. 

Next, the Saints rushing attack is about as lethal as Mark "the Shark" Titus' three-point jumper.  If you dont know Titus then we aren't friends.  The combination of Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell alone makes it so hard for teams to scheme against New Orleans because you have to worry about both the running/passing game.  Add a healthy Reggie Bush that is when the New Orleans offense becomes really dynamic.  One of my readers Mike commented on this last night and believes this is why the Saints would win.  Good call Mike.

Quick notes about the Patriots... They will only win their first round playoff game if they play Jacksonville, Baltimore, or maybe Denver again. It would be a road game and those are opponents in my opinion that the Pats defense could stop. Tom Brady is fine, just rattled by the Saints overall defense and their offense isn't the problem.  The fact the once-strong Patriot D isn't the same anymore is a whole world of hurt for them. 

The final comment I have is Devery Henderson is a real fantasy asshole.  He puts up two points against Tampa Bay who is the equivalent to New Zealand's army then plays an AFC East leader New England, he goes off for 20.  This is the difference between going 2-1 this week instead I go 0-3. Damn you Devery.  

-Charlie.

No comments: