The New Logo

The New Logo

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

See You in Canton, Brett.

If you have followed this blog, I have showed off my many emotions for Brett Favre. I was told by one of closest friends I am not allowed to have an autographed Favre picture in my basement because of my negative attitude towards Brett. If you are new to the site, here are the articles 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

In my final post about Brett, I wrote this at the end "Granted, I was one of Brett's harshest critics all summer and this fall; no matter what I still respect what the man can still do and tonight was a perfect example of it." This was after the Jets-Pats game where Favre led his team to a 34-31 win. To be honest, I mean every damn word of it. Brett is a one of a kind athlete and he will not missed anytime soon.

Look back at my first article about how depressed I and the rest of Packer Nation were that day. Every one on the campus of Eau Claire who was a Packer fan that day it had seemed like a brother of theirs was never coming back. The pain and sorrow that we all felt was like nothing else in the state of Wisconsin. We havent had a hero like this in a long while whose been with us from the start finally hang it up.

Therefore when there were rumblings of Brett coming back; there were a lot of people living in that so-called "Dream Land" as I would like to call it. They thought Brett would be MVP, Super Bowl winning Brett Favre and ignored the fact that Brett couldnt play in the cold last year to save his soul (in addition he proved that this year too). Basically I would compare these people to real picky eaters. Their moms suggest eating other food but they stay with what works.

Then were the Realists like me and many others who knew the right decision was made and we needed to move on to start a new life. Trust me the Clubhouse where many nights were spent in the Summer was completely divided for two weeks and it felt like someone was going to try to throw a punch.

The Jets got the Packers and it brought new life into the fanbase. They were 8-3 only to lead to them finishing 10-6 leading to their coach being fired and as my buddy Steve told me who witnessed the last game "They were throwing Favre jerseys on the field." That was a such sad news to hear and the final memory for Favre.

I hope he gets his number retired sometime this year in Lambeau and just delivers one hell of a speech.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

Mitch Pratt said...

First of all, it's Blake Griffin not Griffith. And second, I don't care for Oregon basketball too much Charlie. God Bless ya.