The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, February 16, 2009

College Basketball Weekly

I am sorry but no Marquette-St. Johns wrap-up this week because I wasnt paying enough attention to the game. Too many things were happening in my room while I was trying to watch but it was a good, methodical win.

Monday:
4. Pittsburgh at 1. Connecticut- This is a Big East showdown and if you are Marquette fan, you are cheering for the Panthers. That would leave us at all of the Big East teams have 2 losses and it will be a slug fest for the last three weeks of the Big East season. I agree with everyone at ESPN whose said this already but who ever gets in foul trouble first could lose this game. Heres the deal I think DeJuan Blair if out of the game is much worse than having Hasheem Thabeet so I will take the Huskies. UCONN 68-64

Tuesday:
5. Michigan State at 21. Purdue- The Spartans have suddenly shot up to number five in the nation and they have played some of the best defense in the nation right now. Michigan State could roll in this game because as I said before, the Boilermakers are such a different team without Robbie Hummel. They have a good home court advantage in West Lafeytte but it will not be enough to beat the Spartans. MSU 61-49

Wednesday:
Providence at 7. Louisville- There are really no exciting games on that Wednesday night but honestly, I think this is a pretty good game. I am still weary on the Friars whether they are an NCAA team because they win the games they are suppose but get blown out by the upper-elchon. I think they can keep it close in this one but they will not be able to hang with the Cards for a whole game. LOUIS 79-67

Thursday:
19. Washington at 15. UCLA- Once again only one real good game this week so just an awful week for college basketball except for Monday. The Bruins after I was singing their high praises dropped two states in the Valley of the Sun and now they face a tough Husky team who beat them earlier on this year. Jon Brockman will have his way inside but I think Darren Collison will take care of business. In addition, they could use a big effort out of Jrue Holiday. UCLA 66-58

-Charlie.

No comments: