The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Most Disappointing Wrap-up

I thought my Wednesday was going great.... Megan Fox became single, Arrested Development movie became a go, and I enjoyed Limp Bizkit during my workout which got me ready for the game against UCONN. I just felt like my day was going the way I wanted.. boy was I wrong.

The Huskies beat the Golden Eagles 91-81 in a disappointing defeat because Marquette will be without Dominic James from the rest of the season (more to come in the next article). Jim Calhoun got his 800th win only the seventh coach to do that but thats all the congrats the asshole is getting from me. Here are a quick thoughts....

-A.J. Price looked like Michael Jordan out there last night. He was hitting every shot that he took. Price went off for 34 points, 7/11 from three. In my opinion, Price was getting too many open looks because Maurice Aker was going behind screens letting him just let loose.

-Hasheem Thabeet is a punk. I have been saying this for awhile but its official, the 7 footer bothers me. He acts like he is king of the castle in the lane when really he should of had three fouls in the first half but thats for the refs to decide I guess.

-Speaking of the refs, they picked a great time to be completely inconsistent. The Husky mascot could have set up for a charge and he would of got the call. It was one of those nights for Marquette who I really think became discourage of taking it inside on Thabeet when they werent getting the calls they should have.

-Stanley Robinson, you bother me too. Granted some of the dunks you had last night were sick but there is no need to yell after every good play you make. Congrats, you had the breakout game that Husky fans have been waiting for the last three years. Robinson only averages 6.3 but drops 19 against the Golden Eagles, damn.

-On to Marquette, I felt that Jerel McNeal tried to put his team on the back where in some parts of the game he really did. But there were other moments in the game, McNeal was out of control trying to do too much.

-Marquette last night seemed as I mentioned earlier to be discouraged about taking shots in the paint and when that happened, they settled for three-point shots. This is something that cannot happen for Marquette the rest of the year.

-Thats really all I got for Marquette right now because I am doing another article on the team. This was one of those games where you really cant be upset at a loss because James is out and Matthews/McNeal drop 20+.

-Charlie.

No comments: