The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, February 23, 2009

Harrison Out in Indy

I am awaiting Brett W. Boyer's response to this situation but I will give my own personal thoughts on the situation at hand.

It has known been confirmed that the Colts have released Marvin Harrison. He has basically been the Jerry Rice of the Colts while Peyton Manning has been the Joe Montana. Now all of that is over which to me is pretty weird. The combination of Manning to Harrison has been something many of us who have watching the NFL have grown accustomed to seeing week in and week out.
I did get Brett's response which featured basically some of the same thoughts I had. "It sucks he doesnt want to finish his career in Indy but we have Clark, Gonzalez, and Wayne.. probably just get a slot receiver in the draft." Pretty much sums up what I was going to say. They really have no need to keep Harrison and a money-heavy contract.

Harrison on the other hand will land somewhere for sure. I would favor a place like Seattle who needs receivers and in my opinion will still draft Michael Crabtree despite the injury to his foot (coverage on that later this week).

-Charlie.

No comments: