The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Curious Case of Manny

I dont know think it can be called "Manny just being Manny" anymore. Its more like "Manny listens to his money-hungry agent for anything."

If you did not hear today, Manny Ramirez rejected the Dodgers offer today which was 2 years for 41.1 million dollars. This is the fourth offer made by Los Angeles this off season and every time, they have told L.A. no. This is just getting ridiculous for multiple reasons.

1. No one else is pursuing Manny anymore so I see no reason why Scott Borass thinks another team is going to come in and make an attempt at the desired 45 million over two years. I think its just time for Boras to bury the hatchet and realize he has lost this battle. I mean hell he got 180 million for Teixiera therefore he should be proud of himself.

2. Manny's image as a selfish player is now fully cemented. I love Manny, I think he plays like he is a 10 year old out there and really doesnt care what people say about him. I think its obvious that Manny is Boras' puppet and he just lets Scott control whatever is going on in contract negations.

3. This is killing me with a fantasy keeper draft coming up and I want to keep Manny. If he isnt signed in the next couple of weeks this becomes a major decision that I have to make.

4. How bad will this be for the Brewers when Fielder is a free agent in two years. Good god. Boras will try to milk the Milwaukee out of every beer they got. Its a scary thought to think about right now.

-Charlie.

No comments: