The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, February 16, 2009

All-Star Weekend Wrap-up

The All-Star weekend has come and gone which in my opinion is the best All-Star festivities in the four major sports. So I will have a few thoughts on this weekend not much on the game because I didnt catch it but I could tell from the highlights it was just a dunk fest with no defense sprinkled in.

Friday:
The Rookie-Sophomore game is basically the miniature version of the All Star but it is usually entertaining. Kevin Durant is an absolute stud dropping 46 points on Friday. He will be a top five NBA player in the next two or three years and I would like to apologize to Durant because I talked about how bad he was going to be in the NBA since he was too small not physical enough. I really should have slapped myself for saying all these silly things.

Saturday:
NBA Saturday is something I usually look forward to every year and was anticipated to see how Dwight Howard would follow up after last year's Superman performance. DaQuan Cook looked very good in the three-point contest and my buddy Ben mentioned how much better he would be if he had stayed in school. I agree but lets all remember Cook had family issues forcing him into the draft. Nate Robinson dunked straight over Dwight Howard basically tea-bagging him in the process but thats not that big of the deal. In addition, Howard's dunk were not that impressive and no way in hell was that rim twelve-feet. Further if Rudy Fernandez puts down his second dunk right away, he would have been in the finals. I think Robinson is the midget who can dunk but now since he has won two dunk contest he needs to leave.

Sunday:
As I said i didnt watch much of the game but I think it was pretty sweet that Kobe Bryant-Shaq sharing co-MVP. Now there are rumors he might be reuniting with Kobe before the deadline is over. I think the All-Star game usually proves who can score the best without any defense. Please see Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Chris Paul. Also Shaq dancing to the Jabawackoeez was epic.

-Charlie.

No comments: