The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, February 9, 2009

Lakers Make Big Statement

Anyone want to argue that the Lakers are the best team in the NBA right now?

No, seriously I would love to hear your logic behind it because you would just look silly after the performances dished out this week as the Lakers took down the two best teams in the Eastern Conference on the road and now Los Angles has home-court advantage against both teams if they were to meet in the NBA Finals.

I already gave my analysis on the Laker-Celtic battle earlier this week so I gear my focus to the game that happened yesterday afternoon where the Lakers beat the Caviliers 101-91. As expected, it wasnt the Kobe vs. Lebron show with both players struggling. Kobe had 19 and was playing with the flu while LBJ had 16 12 assts and 8 rebs so an overall good game for Lebron. Something critical happened in this game for both teams; role players stepped up huge in this one.

As much as I was not a fan of Mo Williams for the Bucks, he really is the perfect fit for the Cavs and he should be an All-Star over Ray Allen in my opinion. He carried the Cavs in the first half and finished the game with 19 big points. The Cavs and Lebron need that production night in and night out from Williams.

Like the usual magic show, Lamar Odom reappeared out of nowhere again with 28 points 17 rebounds. When Odom is on, I dont think there is a team in the NBA that can beat the Lakers and I believe if Kobe was healthy this game would have been over by middle of the fourth. Odom's versatility creates so many more shots for Kobe and the rest of the team.

I just hope the Lakers dont deal Odom because why fix something that isnt broken?

-Charlie.

No comments: