The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, February 6, 2009

Chiefs Land a New Coach; the Dismantiling of the Cards?

A dual issue post because it works out with the topics at hand. Todd Haley, the offensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals took the head coaching job at Kansas City which was the first big move by new GM Scott Pioli.

This is a good move by the Kansas City Chiefs because in my opinion, they had a weird season where they were on the bad end of a 2-14 team I have seen due to the fact they have the talent to be a .500 team and its the simple fact they just have to get older because I thought last year they had the best draft of 2008.

Now I have suggested Cassel from the Pats for the quarterback position, others feel the Chiefs are fine with Tyler Thigpen, and also the suggestion of drafting Matt Sanchez/Matthew Strafford. If I am Haley, I would suggest either Cassel or Thigpen because in my mind, I dont think him and Matt Leinart had a great relationship so who knows if he wants deal with another young quarterback.

One thing that Haley did this year and especially in the playoffs was find ways to exploit the secondary with great wide receivers. I think he can make Dwayne Bowe into an absolute monster. Bowe has a great frame and is a great deep threat for any team in the NFL to have. Now if they can find one more good wideout, they become very good.

I also believe this spells the end for Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson because Haley is bringing a new aggressive attitude unlike Edwards and these clowns are suppose to be the face of the franchise which they have failed to do so just let them walk.

The reason I bring up the Cardinals is because all the sudden, the Super Bowl runner-up doesnt look like the same team for next year. Anquan Boldin sounds like he wants no part of being a Cardinal and I would be shocked if Arizona found a way to solve this situation. The same goes with Edgerrin James. The uncertainty of Kurt Warner and I think with Haley's departure will make Warner's decision much easier. I also strongly believe in Matt Leinart and I think he will have great success.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

SteamrollerMann said...

Charlie I understand what you're saying but how can you call Tony Gonzalez a clown. He is a sure thing Hall of Famer and Thigpen's (or whoever plays quarterback) security blanket when he gets rushed. Never underestimate a good tight end. By the way -- Gonzalez led all tight ends last year with 1058 receiving yards-106 more than second place, Jason Witten. Not to mention he had 2 more touchdown receptions than any other tight end. A guy like that is no clown and should NOT be run out.

Unknown said...

Good point Mike but what I am saying is the fact he wanted out of Kansas City for a year now. How can you be the face of a franchise if you consistantly bitch about leaving? In my opinion, if he doesnt want to be there, then he should leave.