The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Week of College Basketball

Sorry this is late but I have been dominating Sloth like its my GD job in NBA Live 09.

Monday:
6. Louisville at Georgetown- I probably would have went with the Hoyas in this one just because they are desperately but seeing as the Cards have a good 10 point lead on Georgetown heading into the second half... I think the Ville will hold them off for the rest of the game.

15. Kansas at 3. Oklahoma- The Jayhawks got a gift from the Sooners because their uber-star Blake Griffin is out tonight with a concussion. I really dont believe that Cole Aldrich would have been able to keep up with Mr. Griffin all game. The matchup to watch for will be Willie Warren versus Sherron Collins. I think Collins has the upper hand plus this is a huge game to put on the shoulders of a freshman. KANSAS 76-71

Tuesday:
Florida at 18. LSU- The first SEC game in awhile that we have featured in our Week of College Basketball. This has been by far the worst BCS conference for basketball this year but this is a critical game for both teams. I believe that the Tigers are one of the most overrated teams in college basketball right now and the Gators need this win for the NCAA resume. UF 83-76

25. Florida State at Boston College- Crazy to think that the Seminoles are a Ty Lawson three from being alone at the top in the ACC. I have watched the Noles a couple times and I dont know how they win games. Well in this case, they play a BC team who I am not sold on either. Florida State in a close one. FSU 76-72

Wednesday:
2. Connecticut at 10. Marquette- Whew. Here we go, the next three games are against the top ten. I think Marquette can win this game if they get either Jeff Adrian or Hasheem Thabeet in foul trouble. Also I think Lazar Hayward is a matchup nightmare for Adrian. Although I wouldnt be shocked if MU loses but that doesnt mean im betting against my boys. MU 87-85

8. Duke at Maryland- I have to tell you guys even as a North Carolina supporter, I was so impressed with Gervais Vasquez from the Terps. He needs to have just as good of performance against the Dukies on Wednesday but I am doubting him again due to the fact it will be very hard for him to do it again. DUKE 89-81

Thursday:
11. Arizona State at 21. Washington- A big time Pac-10 showdown with two teams who are one game ahead of UCLA, and Cal. I really like the Sun Devils with one of the best players in America in James Harden but I dont know think they have anyone to endure Jon Brockman through the whole game. WASH 69-65

-Charlie.

No comments: