The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Miss Brett Favre

I finally said it.

I havent said the statement above at all this year but it has finally hit me that I really do miss Brett Favre watching most of the game tonight as the Jets beat the Patriots 34-31 in overtime. Honestly, if I had to do the decision again I would still stick with Aaron Rodgers but I just miss watching Mr. Favre in the Green and Gold every Sunday because I think its what I am used to every week. As you would see in my NFL picks, I completely trashed the Jets saying they couldnt get it done tonight, havent played enough tough teams and they proved me wrong. Favre made big play after big play and did all the right things, no typical "Brett INT" this week as he found Jerricho Cotchery multiple times and hit Laveranues Coles for a big third down completion in the third quarter.

Despite giving up thirty-one points, I thought their defense is pretty solid. I think Kris Jenkins is a difference maker in the middle and making this team so much better. I told people early this week that I thought the Ty Law signing was sort of a "publicity stunt". Nothing of sorts as he dominated Randy Moss for most part of the game with his physical play which was something I didnt see coming.

Granted, I was one of Brett's harshist critics all summer and this fall; no matter what I still respect what the man can still do and tonight was a perfect example of it.

-Charlie.

No comments: