The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, February 2, 2009

Your Late Marquette Wrap Up versus Georgetown

Sorry to all who have been waiting for my blog posts. I was trying to get alot of homework out of the way today and didnt really find the time. So lets start with the Marquette game and a great song....

-First off, this game not being on ESPN/ESPN2/Classic/The Ocho whatever channel it could be on, it was a crime. My feed for the game on ESPN360 finally came in when Marquette made their original run in the first half so consider me good luck.

-Jerel McNeal is playing like the Big East Player of the Year and at best, a second team All-American. He is doing it all right now for the Golden Eagles and I havent seen many players that have been better than McNeal in this current streak. McNeal's line... 26 pts. 11 asst. 3 blks 5 stls, good God.

-Wes Matthews seemed to always happens to have huge second half whenever he is needed. He had 18 pts in the second half plus made some clutch plays on the defensive side of the ball. Once again, he really had an all-around good game.

-Lazar Hayward is proving to be a matchup nightmare for teams in the Big East right now. Guys like Greg Monroe and Shrek get wore down by the end of the game plus you really cant play their second best big man on Hayward.

-A quick note on the Hoyas... I havent seen a better passing big man than Monroe in a long time. He is a complete stud in the major facets of the game and will be a top ten draft pick next year if he comes out.

-The crowd according to my dad and Mach was completely electric and even on my shitty computer feed I could tell it was rockin'. Probably the best its been in awhile.

-My dad sent me an email with his own report of the game and he quoted the late great Al McGuire "Regardless of wins/losses, my job is to fill the 4 corner seats in the upper level – a totally packed house today."

-Charlie.

No comments: