The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, January 2, 2009

The Favre Fall Out

Let me just say before we start, I said in July that Favre was a media whore. I stood by that claim most of the year, and now there are respected writers like Jason Whitlock, a Favre supporter throughout the year calling Favre the "White T.O."

Wow.

A very strong statement but maybe its the right one. There are various reports out of New York today that Favre was very distant with the team and spent more time in the office then he did in the locker room with the guys. Now Thomas Jones has came out on the radio and on ESPN First Take saying that "Favre played should have resulted in benching."

Another shot to the Favre fans, the leading AFC rusher thought Favre played that bad that he deserved to be benched. Stunning to say the least, and Jones backed up his comments today saying "If I fumbled twice a game, I would expect Favre to say the same about me." I dont think Jones should be ridiculed by any means because I understand what he is saying. Favre made mistakes that cost us a chance in the playoffs.

Although on the other hand, I dont think that Kellen Clemans would have made things much better. Favre's mistakes were pretty bad as the season progressed but I dont really think Clemans could have done much better. I thought that former coach Eric Mangini did such a bad job with Favre during the end of the season because he should of seen his arm was practically falling off and made Jones the focus of the team.

I think one thing is clear if Favre comes back next year, it sure as hell will not be with the Jets.

-Charlie.

No comments: