The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spagnuolo to Fix the Rams

First off, my apologies for not putting up predictions but I am the only one in America whose done worse than Bill Simmons so dont blame me for not putting them up. I will post my reactions on both games and quick thought on the Super Bowl, late tonight or early tomorrow.

Now on to business, the Rams have went with Steve Spagnuolo to become the new head coach of a franchise whose been in a rut after the mess Mike Martz started and what Scott Linehan finished. I dont think its an impossible situation but they are definitely going to need some work.

Taking a quick look at their defense, I think Spagnuolo biggest question mark is their secondary. They have no great players, some young players but no real standouts. Ron Bartell and Tye Hill were both high draft picks for the Rams that have yet to perform and the same goes wth Johnathan Wade so there is some promise there. They have an alright linebacker crew with Will Witherspoon and Pisa Tinoisamoa and their defense line looks strong with Adam Carriker and Chris Long.

I think Marc Bulger needs to ride out into the sunset, I dont know if drafting a quarterback early would be the right answer but getting a guy like Nate Davis or Josh Freeman in the second or third round would be great for them. Andre Smith would be a great number two pick for them to fix their offensive line troubles and I think they should explore the idea of getting a new wide receiver. Stephen Jackson, I believe still has at least three years left in him to be a good running back.

I dont know if Spagnuolo will get the Rams to the playoffs next year but you never know in the NFC West.

-Charlie.

No comments: