The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, January 22, 2009

What the Hell?- College Basketball Edition

Wednesday night was a great day for upsets as several teams when down including the number one pick. Also the fact Georgetown but West Virgina is a good team but still to get their asses kicked at home by 17 is still embarrassing. We will go over all of it...

Virgina Tech 78 1. Wake Forest 71- I didnt watch this game but I saw the highlights from this game which was the classic letdown situation. They let an okay Hokie team just dominate the Demon Deacons who looked unstoppable until last night. They were down sixteen points at home to these scrubs, I mean the ACC is strong but Virgina Tech will be anywhere from 7-12 in the rankings. They should recover and I wouldnt be surprised at all if they beat Duke next Wednesday night which who knows could be another fun-filled upset night.

Northwestern 70 7. Michigan State 63- This game was almost as bad as number one getting knocked off because this game was at the Breslin Center "the Izzone" where the Spartans have been untouched even in their down years lose to a Wildcat team who is totally different on the road. According to my buddy Dozer who alert me about this upset said Northwestern's Kevin Coble looked like "Larry Bird out there tonight" and "unstoppable." Doz loves the Big 10 too so he started hype machine for Northwestern, then when I said the "Badgers better watch out!" He went quiet, haha.

Iowa 73 Wisconsin 69- I couldnt really believe this one and honestly I will not beat up the Badgers even though I have a disdain for them plus Mach and I chanted LETS GO HAWKS in the car during overtime, in addition to the text battle Doz and I had late into the night about Wisconsin-Marquette. I told Doz when the dust settled, that I wouldnt be shocked if they kick Illinois' ass on Saturday although they will be underdogs for sure. Like I've said before, I dont think any Badger can joke about Dominic James' guard play in years past when they have Trevon Hughes who is his equal. Now Bo Ryan did bench him and you wonder if that pulled his head of his ass but only Saturday will tell. This for many Badgers should be a very embarrassing lost seeing as Iowa didnt have their two top players, its the equivalent of Marquette losing to South Florida. I think the Badgers still make the tournament but it will be close, trust me.

-Charlie.

No comments: