The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Marquette Wrap Up at Notre Dame

The first big time Big East matchup is the in the books for Marquette as they knocked off 22. Notre Dame in South Bend last night 71-64 which was one of the Golden Eagles strongest performances to date.

-I will lead off with what was the biggest thing of the game. Marquette held Notre Dame to 36% shooting on the road which is incredible. That is just overall great team defense. I mean they were going to let Shrek score as many points as possible and no one else scored, just great game plane.

-I think despite being undersized, they are a very tough team and Jay Bilas made this point; they can get to the lane so well they hurt themselves when they shot quick threes. Thats a good point and I understand they want to push the ball as much as possible.


-Speaking of Shrek (Harangoody) was like a high school girls basketball player last night just throwing shit up at the hoop and see if it goes in, the crazy thing it was. Shrek is nothing but a fat ass cheerleader who needs to sit down.


-Kyle McAlarney was shut down by multiple defenders but overall Dominic James and Maurice Acker shut him down. He couldnt get a good shot to save his soul and when the Irish were starting to make their run, I felt like he was going to hit a big shot but no sir.

-Speaking of Mo Acker, he is the most valuable 6th man that doesnt score. He is a game changing because not only can he defend but he can also assist in pushing the ball up the court. He has been a key player in the last couple of weeks


-Jerel McNeal is playing like the first team Big East player right now and might be the Player of the Year so far. He is doing it all right now; shooting from the outside, slashing the lane, and holding down the top defenders.

-I thoroughly enjoy watching Big Monday because of Bill Raftery, Jay Bilas, and Dan Schulman, its like music to my ears. Also Bilas is a big time supporter of the Marquette Golden Eagles.

-Just so all you know, I had about three-five floor slaps last night during the intense parts of the second half of the game.

-Charlie.

1 comment:

SteamrollerMann said...

I feel sorry for myself that I wasn't with you so I could witness those nice floor slaps.