The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, January 19, 2009

College Basketball Games of the Week

Here are your fresh games of the week and there are a couple good ones for sure. Also very pumped to see my Marquette Golden Eagles at #10 in the nation right now, very exciting times.

Monday:
8. Syracuse at 4. Pittsburgh- Many people feel that the Syracuse Orange is the best team in the Big East which I would agree with the way they are playing right now. They have all the tools inside and out to win most games that they play but the Orange have been known to let down throughout the years. Pittsburgh took a hit last Saturday losing at Louisville which made it clear to me that this team will only go as far as DeJaun Blair does. If he is in foul trouble, this time is totally different and I think the Cuse has better options on the perimeter to win this game. CUSE 76-71

Tuesday:
Ohio St at 24. Illinois- Both of these teams have one thing in common.. they kicked Michigan's ass last week and I think this is a very even Big 10 matchup. I think B.J. Mullins who I ragged on earlier on this year is coming on strong in addition with Evan Turner. Also this young team has learned to win on the road. The Illini gave the Michigan State Spartans all that they can handle but ended up falling short. I think Illinois has the height to take away Mullins and it will depend on whose perimeter players play better, I will take home team. ILLINI 62-56

Wednesday:
21. Villanova at 3. Connecticut- A Big East showdown that pits two very good teams with different strengths. I think if the Wildcats want to pull off the upset, they need their guards to attack the paint and get Jeff Adrian/Haseem Thabeet in serious foul trouble. If that doesnt happen, the Huskies will go wild inside because Nova has no answer for both of them inside. UCONN 86-73

9. Clemson at 6. North Carolina- As I said before if the Clemson Tigers want respect they need to win games against the Tar Heels, Blue Devils, and Demon Deacons, one of those didnt happen as they looked lost against Wake Forest last Saturday. Watching the tape of the Miami-UNC game especially the second half should scare the hell out of the Tigers, they need to find a way to stop Wayne Ellington and figured out how knife their defense. Dont expect it to happen. UNC 93-84

Thursday:
18. Purdue at 20. Minnesota- How this isnt a game on ESPN is beyond me and I really do hope its on the Big Ten Network because this is a great game. The Gophers had a classic letdown at Northwestern on Sunday after their comeback win against the Badgers. Now they are faced with the Boilermakers who are coming on strong after losing their first two Big Ten games. I cannot see Minnesota being able to defeat Purdue even at home, I dont think the tools are all there for it. PURDUE 54-52

-Charlie.

No comments: