The New Logo

The New Logo

Friday, January 16, 2009

LDT Out in San Diego?

According to an article in ESPN.com today, the Chargers are exploring the ideas of trading away their franchise player LaDainian Tomilinson. Before I go into the artcle, my dad while we were watching Darren Sporles career game said "I think they will trade Tomilinson." I thought he was nuts, the guy still has at least three years left in the tank.

My only theory behind why the Chargers are testing the waters out on Tominlison is because they lost a great back-up running back in Michael Turner who turned out to be one of the league's best running backs this year and I believe the team is worried that the same mistake might happen with Sproles.

Lets take a peek at teams that might want and could afford LT services....
-No one is the NFC East needs a running back, they have all had good years and the only team I would see wanting to do is the Dallas Cowboys because they always want to make a splash and in my opinion I dont think Jerry Jones and Marion Barber see eye-to-eye. Also I think Terrell Owens would have to be released for this to happen.

-The Green Bay Packers are a logical team to want Tomlinson, they have the draft picks and they have the room in the salary cap to make it happen. Ryan Grant has been good for us but in the NFL, the running theme is to have two strong running backs.

-The Tampa Bay Buccaneers I would believe would be big time favorites seeing as Earnest Graham was a one year thing and I think the Cadillac Williams is parked in the driveway for a long time.

-The New Orleans Saints would be another team I would suggest that would be interested seeing as Reggie Bush's knee injury is much more serious than expected and Deuce McAllister is done in New Orleans

-Seattle Seahawks are alot like the Packers in th sense that they have a running back (Julius Jones) but LDT would be a huge upgrade.

-I think New England is the biggest flashing red sign for a team who could use Tomlinson, I would be cowering in a corner if this were to happen but I think thats the number one location.

I did point out that the two running back system has seemed to be the staple in the NFL lately so I wouldnt be surprised if LDT is kept around but you never know with the Chargers, they always like to kick out the old and bring in the new.

-Charlie.

No comments: