The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, January 4, 2009

So Much for Being Unbeaten

My dad and I were discussing the upcoming conference season for college basketball on Saturday; we both agreed that the "Big East, Big 12, Big Ten, and Pac-10 all had a legitimate chance of having four-five teams winning the conference and the ACC is good although no one would come close to North Carolina." So much for that thought...

I was enjoying the Wild Card weekend, so I was unable to watch much of the game. When I saw the final score, I couldn't believe that a Boston College team, who only has one senior (a damn good one in that, Tyrese Rice is baller), came into Chapel Hill and knocked off North Carolina 85-77. I think it proves that no one is perfect in college basketball.

Also, I think its a good kick in the ass for the Tar Heels. They could head several directions for the ACC season; they might not lose a game the rest of the year and become a number one seed, or they could lose a couple games in the ACC. A big test will be next weekend when they play 6. Wake Forest who despite being a young team have shown some real promise after beating Brigham Young on the road who had a fifty-three game winning streak at home before the lost.

-Charlie.

No comments: