The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Redd Done for the Year

The Bucks received disappointing news this Sunday as Michael Redd is out of the season with a torn ACL and MCL last night against Sacramento.

This is devastating news for the Bucks as they are currently the 8 seed in the NBA playoffs and if they found some consistency they could be as high as 6. As my buddy Brett said "Well bye bye playoffs." I somewhat agree but I think they could still make it in if they can find a lineup that works. I just feel bad for Redd because I think he has had one of his best years and for him to not get a chance to finish is just sad.

I have been critical of Redd's play in the last couple years because I believed he was a selfish player and need to distribute the ball more. Therefore I have always been for trading Redd to make Andrew Bogut the main focus. Well thats what you have now when Bogut gets his back in order he is the main focus of the team and he will need to be putting up 15-20 a game, with around 8-10 boards. I know that is asking alot of a young player but I think with what Bogut has shown so far this season thats its a reasonable goal. In addition, if Charlie Villanueva steps up like he has been in recent weeks that provides another alternate in scoring.

I project the starting lineup to be... PG: Luke Ridnour SG: Ramon Sessions/Richard Jefferson SF: RJ/Luc Richard Mbah a Moute PF: Charlie Villanueva C: Andrew Bogut.

I believe this Buck team without Michael Redd will still get to the playoffs.

-Charlie.

2 comments:

SteamrollerMann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SteamrollerMann said...

Let's hope they can make the playoffs. I think that the Bucks will still be okay without Redd. He is obviously a big piece of the offense, but the Bucks seemed to do alright without him. His shot-taking can sometimes be questionable, especially when the Bucks get on a run. So as I'm sad to see him go down, I'm excited to see other players step up. Charlie V needs to continue to play at the level that he is. Bogut needs to continue to make solid reads--take his man one-on-one and make quick reads when the double team arrives. Richard Jefferson will hold his own, and if the Bucks can lock-down the D, they are in good position to hold the #8 playoff spot.