The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, January 4, 2009

I Was So Wrong About Utah

My apologies to the Utah Utes and the Mountain West conference, I was wrong about you guys.

If you didnt see on Friday, the Utes crushed 3. Alabama Crimson Tide, 31-17. The Tide had been the primary number one team throughout the whole year. Utah led by Brian Johnson, they were able to throw all over Bama and found that the Tide couldnt handle a hurry-up offense as the Utes strikes for two touchdowns right away. Johnson began his aerial assault throughout the whole game finding Freddie Brown and David Reed. My buddy Mach texted me, "I dont remember Alabama o-line looking this bad." He is right and it could of had something the suspension of their All-American offensive lineman Andre Smith. One lineman would still make a difference because they were getting all their pressure from the outside linebacker and defensive ends.

Now it begs the question does Utah deserve a shared National Championship? I think they deserve to be way up there but this only happens if Oklahoma wins. I think whoever wins, the final rankings should be 1.Florida/Oklahoma 2. USC 3. Utah/Texas (all depends if Texas wins and if its in dominating fashion). I think its reasonable to think that the Utes could play with any of the remaining teams. I think with Oklahoma and Florida would beat them but I do think its close until the fourth quarter at least. No matter what happens in the final rankings, Utah undefeated season is very impressive.

-Charlie.

No comments: