The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, January 12, 2009

Broncos Go Young for No Reason

The Broncos hired former New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. I didnt realize that McDaniels is only the ripe age of thirty-one years old. I hope the Broncos know what they are doing because right now, I really dont believe they are.

A couple reasons because of this... 1. The New England Coordinators success as head coaches hasnt been a great choice for teams like New York, Cleveland (maybe x2), and you could say Notre Dame at the moment. Yes I know that McDaniels made Matt Cassel into a Pro Bowler this year but Jay Cutler is already a franchise-ready quarterback. 2. Mike Nolan, unless the Broncos decide to overhaul their defense with a bunch of talent they will be just as bad as they were last year. Nolan was a great defensive coach when he had the likes of Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.

I wrote earlier how I felt that Mike Shanahan shouldnt have been fired in the first place. They should have just relieved his General Manager duties and if he didnt let it, he could leave. McDaniels in no way is an upgrade from Shanahan; I guess Pat Bowlen hopes that the rookie coach success will strike again.

-Charlie.

No comments: