The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Forgotten College Preview

I am sorry for not doing this yesterday, I have been on a 24 marathon since watching my first episode on Sunday. I am pretty convinced that Jack Bauer is my father seeing he is about as badass as me. Anyways, I get to plug another blog today because one of my best buddies, Dozer who loves the Big Ten more than Bucky Badger himself created his own Big 10 blog. I can only read doses because my head explodes after reading three straight articles, enjoy.

Monday
21. Louisville beat 13. Notre Dame 87-73 (OT): A weird score to see in a overtime game but the Louisville team was that much better in the overtime. The Fighting Irish looked tired and runned down so its no surprise to me that the Cardinals won this one. Also look out for Louisville, they are coming in hot right now.

5. Oklahoma beat 11. Texas 78-63: The Longhorns lost another game in as many days when Blake Griffin decided to dominate once again. Griffin is one of the best players in college basketball right now and by the end of the year, he might be the best. He is so good and I really believe that the Sooners will be a final four team not only because of Griffin, also with Willie Warren.

Wednesday
2. Duke at Georgia Tech- A very tough game for the Dukies with the second straight road game in the ACC play. The Dukies showed so much resiliency dealing with the scrappy Florida State team so I am not thinking this game is going to be upset although any time the Blue Devils dont hit shots, they are in much trouble. I will take Duke in a close one. DUKE 78-72

3. Wake Forest at Boston College- If you look at my college basketball preview, you will see that my buddy Danny left a comment saying the Demon Deacons would win the ACC. I thought they had a ton of young talent but they werent good enough to beat North Carolina or Duke. I was dead wrong, Jeff Teague is playing out of his mind right now and could be so dangerous next year if Al-Farouq Aminu comes back school. Anyways, this is a true test for Wake to see if they let down against a dangerous Boston College team, it could happen and I think its close with Wake escaping. WAKE 81-79

8. Syracuse at 12. Georgetown- A classic Big East rivalry where you know emotions are high and anything could happen in this game. The Hoyas have had the toughest schedule in the last couple weeks so they are ready. I am worried that the Orange havent played a true Big East opponent this year although as I got text message from the local Orange fan, Shannon about Johnny f'n Flynn, I reminded they should be undefeated if not for a fluke shot. I will take the Cuse because the fact Georgetown still doesnt have a bench scares me to pick them in a big game like this. CUSE 72-69

Thursday
4. Connecticut at St. John- Beware of Madison Square Garden, the Johnnies have proven already that they are an upset threat and add in the fact, the Huskies have been known to just have a letdown every two weeks this could be it. I will definitely upset alert but I dont expect the Red Storm to pull this one out. Jeff Adrian carries UCONN on this back late in this game. UCONN 74-68

15. Minnesota at Wisconsin- Big time this week for our friends the Badgers as they could end up 2-2 if the Gophers are able to beat the Badgers this Thursday. I think a lot of Wisconsin's fans think their team might be better than they actually are. I still think the Kohl Center is one of the toughest places to play in college basketball and the Badgers are in that must-win mode. I think this game going to close and a battle but its hard to pick against Bucky. UW 57-55

-Charlie.

No comments: