The New Logo

The New Logo

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Impressions from an NBA Game

Last night my buddy Mach and I decided to go to the Milwaukee Bucks versus Dallas Mavericks. We asked ourselves "When was the last time we went to an NBA game?" Both of us struggled for that answer but the reason we went is because my father provided some free tickets. So here are few thoughts from the Bucks 130-99 complete ass kicking of the Mavericks.

-I told Mach, Bucks games now are like Brewers games in the 90s. You either hope somebody gets ejected or there is a fight. Almost happened with Ryan Hollins-Francisco Elson, they got chippy and I believe I caught Elson tripping him although he deserved it, such a punk.

-I thought it was funny that most people in the arena were very critical of the NBA. They missed some obvious traveling violations which are not a stunner to any of us and everyone goes "Oh thats just the NBA." Then it needed riot control when the refs did call a travel on Michael Redd. Also most of them were sure the refs were going to screw the Bucks to let Dallas back in the game.

-The Bucks couldnt miss and I am positive that they will score around 75-82 points against a poor Sacramento King team on Saturday night. The Bucks are the most inconsistent team in the National Basketball Association so nothing will shock me on Saturday.

-I would love to know Coach Scott Skiles philosophy on his point guard situation because he will play Luke Ridnour for awhile and Ramon Sessions for almost the same amount of time. I think it probably had to do with the fact Sessions couldnt miss last night.

-I said this earlier on in January, Charlie Villanueva is playing like an absolute monster and had another huge night. If this continues to happens, they will make the playoffs. Also Michael Redd is having a great January as well, it mind-boggles how this team isnt .500.

-I found it hilarious on all of the xenophobic comments about Dirk Nowitzki that happened last night. "Go back to Germany!" Things of that nature. I got into that as well after Redd did an AND1 move with Nowitzski and I said "Just like the 2008 Olympics, Dirk!"

-We sat around the basket so we were given thundersticks which if you havent expierenced the difficulty of blowing them up, you are lucky. Its like Jack Bauer trying to fight 17 guys by himself, we know he will do it but it just takes time.

-The Energee Dance Team looked like they belonged at Beansnappers (I was looking for a logo but couldnt find anything, I did find this strip club in Cheyenne, Wyoming.) and not an NBA court. Granted, I was the more vocal for the dance team then the Bucks themselves.

-Dan Gadzuric sucks. Worst player in a Bucks uniform, and I have realized that my hatred for him is to the same level as Jose Hernandez. He shot SEVEN times in the first eight minutes and missed them all, he got a nice clap for that too.

-Charlie.

No comments: