The New Logo

The New Logo

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Nightmare Begins Once Again

Oh no. Please tell me this isnt happening. No this really cannot be happening, can it? Again, really? Why does the hero that most of Wisconsin knew and loved now meeting with the Vikings with the possible thoughts of returning. I have written 7 articles about Brett Favre and his time throughout the last year now but its just getting harder to speak good of a guy who is considering the Vikings.

What does this prove exactly? That even the great ones have no loyalty to their fans and that it doesnt matter at all what was accomplished at Green Bay in the beginning of your career. Is it the fact of the matter that Favre hates the Packer organization so much that he knows the only way he will feel comfort in life is if he beats the Packers in Lambeau (something that I hope never happens) and then raises the middle-finger to Ted Thompson. To me, thats what Favre wants to do and because there is no one in his "inner-circle" that can tell Brett to slow down and think about the things he is doing are wrong is the root of the problems. Bus Cook loves the attention he has got in the past three months now with the Jay Cutler saga and now the rebirth of the Brett Favre disaster.

I think this year if it does happen will be 10-30 times bigger of a deal for the sole fact that he is going to the Vikings. I would put it in the category of any time a beloved player goes to a rival team. The return to Lambeau would rank as the "Biggest Game Next Year." And me drinking severely seeing the guy who torched the Vikings for so many years now plays for that ball club would tear me up inside. Take a guy like Roger Clemens who was loved in Boston, then heads to Toronto for a couple years, and then just unloads a knife into Red Sox Nation when he went to New York. It didnt help that he won a World Series with the Yanks either.

Does this make the Vikings a worse team? My answer: Maybe. The thing Favre has to his advantage that Minnesota plays in a dome so he doesnt have to deal with the wintry conditions in late November and December. I think Minnesota is the leading in the clubhouse right now in terms of winning the NFC North especially with the addition of Percy Harvin. They have all the tools but a 40 year old quarterback isnt going to help as much as probably the "Favre-Fans" would like to think it is.

Some of you might be wondering where my hate level from 1-10 is with Brett Favre... Last summer for me and other friends it was at a 10 because I couldnt believe it was happening really. November it was at about 5 and I actually hoped he would make it to the AFC Playoffs and then in January, it was about 2. Hell I felt bad for the guy who was just getting ripped to shreds by the New York media who put no criticism on the Jets management. Now? Its a 15 out of 10, I dont want to hear the bullshit about "he just wants to play like everyone else" because its not that, he wants to destroy Ted Thompson any way he can which I mention earlier. Favre needs the attention because he is a media whore and I dont think he can be a part of the Packer organization for awhile at least five maybe ten years maybe never. Because going to the most-hated rival in the past ten years is pretty unforgettable and Brett you have now unloaded the knife.

We as Packer fans wait your return to Lambeau where you come out the other tunnel, on the other side of the coin toss, and where most do not cheer your touchdowns, instead its the pick six you are throwing to Charles Woodson.

-Charlie.

No comments: