The New Logo

The New Logo

Monday, May 4, 2009

NBA Eastern Semifinals Picks

Scroll down a bit for the Western Conference if you are interested in my picks....

1. Cleveland Cavilers vs. 4. Atlanta Hawks-Both teams had the worst playoff series to watch in the first round. They were absolutely awful, sure we saw a couple LeBron dunks but thats about it. This series could be ugliest out of the four but there is something that tells me it will be competitive. Heres why... Josh Smith is 6'9 and in my opinion is the poor man's LeBron James. He has the same skill set as LBJ granted nowhere near what James does on the court. The one thing Smith needs to learn is that he isnt a three-point shooter. I also wonder if Joe Johnson comes back in terms of playoff clutch. Johnson was so damn clutch for the Phoenix Suns and even last year in Atlanta, he was huge for the Hawks. If the Cavs stay within themselves, I think they will be able to take this in five but I can see the scrappy Hawks getting two games somehow. Cleveland in six.

2. Boston Celtics vs. 3. Orlando Magic- I already wrote out my man-crush on a couple of the Celtic players who have grown on me in the past couple of weeks. The Magic have a team that I honestly do not like at all... Dwight Howard is a beast but I really dont like to watch him because its just basic post moves. There was something about Shaquille O'Neal that you wanted to watch every game that he played in. The other thing about the Magic is how much I hate Stan Van Gundy. He always seems to get a quote in SportsCenter and despite his awesome look-a-like of Ron Jeremy, he just seems like an awful guy to play for. I always base coaching on who I would want to play for. The Celtics might be drained but I think you saw the coming out party of Rajon Rondo and the C's big men. They will be able to beat up Howard and this one will end rather quickly. Boston in five.

-Charlie.

No comments: