The New Logo

The New Logo

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Melo Found The Killer Instinct

Today I think we saw something that most of us have been waiting for since Carmelo Anthony was drafted by the Denver Nuggets. If you werent watching, Denver came back from a four point deficit with under thirty seconds and won on a last second three-pointer by Anthony to win the ball game with a second left. Melo proved that he can be the guy taking the last shot and burying a team when he needs to.

I have always seen Anthony as a guy whose a great scorer doesnt really play much defense and isnt that reliable when the game is on the line because he always seems to make boneheaded decisions. Either that or he would look to J.R. Smith for the final shot instead of taking it himself. A lot of that could be pointed to being a young player because guys like Lebron James and Kobe Bryant did much of the same thing although now I think Melo is beginning stages of his veteran years.

Melo's shot today was one we seen from legends. I dont want to hear bullshit about how there was a foul on the play and the refs missed it because in my opinion unless it slows down the offensive player it shouldnt be called. That shot today could spark the rest of his career.

Also on a side note, I also am calling this series over with Josh Howard trying to pick fights and most of the players looking dejected. I cannot even begin to tell you how impressed I am with the Nuggets.

-Charlie.

No comments: